No announcement yet.

How many of you think that Angulo quit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    FWIW i said the same thing about ortiz-i didn't consider him quitting when his jaw is broken.

Ortiz and angulo reacted to being hurt-duran and odh did not.
    How do you know that Duran and De La Hoya weren't hurt at the time they quit their respective fights?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      FWIW i said the same thing about ortiz-i didn't consider him quitting when his jaw is broken.

Ortiz and angulo reacted to being hurt-duran and odh did not.
      Oh... well, he did too.

He quit, because his jaw was broken.... Abraham didn't quit when his jaw was broken.

One could deal with it, one couldn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        Does your opinion on this matter have anything to do with Roy Jones being DQ'd in his first fight with Montell Griffin? You seem really passionate.
        Being daddy to a quitter is nothing to be proud of.

Comment

• Comment

Turning your back is the universal quit in boxing. It doesn't matter if you quit on your stool or in the middle of a round, quitting is quitting.

He got injured and quit. It's not a "one or the other" deal, both things occured.

No, my stance on this has absolutely nothing to do with Roberto Duran quitting against Leonard in their rematch. The fact that you'd actually think it might is quite disturbing to me. It reminds me of other NSB 'tards (not saying you are one) that can't have a conversation about any topic without having to drag the person they're debating's avatar or sig boxer into the mix.

Roberto Duran literally has nothing to do with what went down Saturday night, or my opinions on those events. Neither does Lucas Matthysse, Mangler's quote, or the artwork of Jacob Bannon.
            i asked about duran relative to your opinion-not what happened in the ring. we agree duran has nothing to do with what happend in the ring .

as I said to oc9979 IMO ortiz and angulo reacted to being hurt while duran and odh prevented themselves from being hurt. thats how I judge quitting relative to boxing-when you stop fighting for no reason.

Comment

• Understanding, empathizing, agreeing with, excusing someone for quitting because you understand the reasoning behind it, is fine.

How.. the ****... ever.

It doesn't magically now mean, that that person didn't quit.

It just means you are ok with it.

Comment

• Once again, how do you know that De La Hoya and Duran weren't hurt when they decided to quit their respective fights?

Once again, Ortiz and Angulo both quit. Being injured doesn't change that fact.

Comment

• It's not like I've tried either, but I'd think that it's a fairly big difference between Breaking a jaw and breaking an orbitalbone.

In the case of the jaw you know that it's 'just' a jaw and a massive amount of blood. You know that you'll be ok even though the pain is excruciating.

In the case of the orbitalbone, you are not sure what it is. All you know is tat it's painfull as hell and the pain is in your eye. IF you KNEW that you wouldn't be blind, it would be relatively easier to fight on. But you dont and thats the difference.

Is it worth fighting on if you'll be blind?

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                    Oh... well, he did too.

He quit, because his jaw was broken.... Abraham didn't quit when his jaw was broken.

One could deal with it, one couldn't.
                    assumes both injuries are equal when we agreed before they may not be.

My comparison is physical ability to continue vs physical inability to continue.
                    reed, up until angulo's orbital bone was broken was he able to take lara's punches and still fight. Yes. after it was broken was he able to take lara's punches no.

Honestly its no different than the broken arm can't punch scenario you described before.

Comment

Once again, how do you know that De La Hoya and Duran weren't hurt when they decided to quit their respective fights?

Once again, Ortiz and Angulo both quit. Being injured doesn't change that fact.
                      duran nor ODH were hit with a punch when they quit. they weren't reacting to a punch they were preventing. they were like dwight howard against the spurs game 4. he purposely got thrown out so he wouldn't be on the floor when they lost.

to me it does. if you get hurt and cant continue I see that differently than I do quitting. just because some people choose to continue when hurt doesn't mean those that dont quit.

Comment

Working...
                      X