No announcement yet.

How many of you think that Angulo quit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    Angulo clearly overreacted and could've kept fighting.

If Angulo's arm was hanging off and he didn't want to continue, he quit. It doesn't matter how severe the injury, barring intervention from another, if the injured person decides to abandon his venture - it's called quitting.

Comment

Angulo clearly overreacted and could've kept fighting.

I want the fuckin Q word in your sentence!

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        So now that you know he didn't have any broken bones, and that it was just a simple case of swelling, did Angulo quit?

how many times do we have to over this, bro?

he was injured.

Comment

• Not anymore it's not, D-Mize.

Instead of using that word, we now say that "the participant of this pugilistic contest willfully withdrew himself from competition due to an injury sustained during the bout which may or may not have had the potential to jeopardize his future earnings and functionality as a fighter and human being."

Comment

• may or may not have

I was looking forward to coming on here today for this lol

Comment

• if you cant continue because of injury I don't think its quitting. many,many posters disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                may or may not have

I was looking forward to coming on here today for this lol
                so I'm here. lets go!

Comment

if you cant continue because of injury I don't think its quitting. many,many posters disagree.
                  No, here's the thing, ****heads disagree...

To quit is to abandon, leave, stop, not continue. That's the actual definition of the word, no where does it say 'To quit is to be a coward or a bitch'.

It's irrefutable that Angulo quit, you cannot say otherwise. You could debate whether he doesn't have the heart for it or because of injury. But you cannot say he didn't quit.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                    No, here's the thing, ****heads disagree...

To quit is to abandon, leave, stop, not continue. That's the actual definition of the word, no where does it say 'To quit is to be a coward or a bitch'.

It's irrefutable that Angulo quit, you cannot say otherwise. You could debate whether he doesn't have the heart for it or because of injury. But you cannot say he didn't quit.
                    reed posted yesterday that he doesn't consider it quitting if an athlete gets hurt and can't compete anymore. that is how I viewed angulo and ortiz-fighters that got hurt and couldn't compete anymore because of the injury-as opposed to not competing while physically being able to. thats how I differentiate quitting.

since its clear his injury wasnt what I posted I am wrong here.

Comment

• there's nothing to think about, Angulo clearly checked out

Comment

Working...
                      X