No announcement yet.

How many of you think that Angulo quit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    This is not as bad as it looks. Abraham is not really injured.

[IMG][/IMG]
    That **** makes me cringe!!!!

Comment

• Question for REED: is Angulo's quitting excusable?

Comment

• He got a legit injury that was immediately visible which lessens the argument that he quit.

He stopped fighting on his own so therefore he QUIT.

I can't criticize the guy for it cause it was legit. Live to fight another day I will watch Angulo fight.

PPL on these boards at times are over critical when a fighter quits

Comment

• Why is this thread still going? It's clear cut - HE QUIT!
          He chose not to continue, he wasn't pulled out by a doctor against his will or anything like that he just decided to clock out for the night. He was injured and he does have legitimate and logical reasons for quitting but quit he did.

It's the word "Quit".... It's dirty. Weak. But i don't think Angulo is yellow, he's a tough guy and a warrior, just not cut from the same cloth as a Jake La Motta or an Arturo Gatti even a Dennis Lebedev

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            FWIW i said the same thing about ortiz-i didn't consider him quitting when his jaw is broken.

Ortiz and angulo reacted to being hurt-duran and odh did not.
            I was talking about Maidana vs Ortiz not Ortiz vs Lopez

Comment

• Did he quit?Yes
              Was it the right thing to do?probably
              Is this thread hilarious? absolutely

Comment

assumes both injuries are equal when we agreed before they may not be.

reed, up until angulo's orbital bone was broken was he able to take lara's punches and still fight. Yes. after it was broken was he able to take lara's punches no.

Honestly its no different than the broken arm can't punch scenario you described before.
                or assume that one has heart and the other one doesn't

-------
                Why the double standard?

Cotto quit but Angulo did not?
                Cotto might have been broken down
                Or Jose A Gonzalez when he quit vs Ricky Burns, he said he hurt his hand but he is a quitter.
                If Gonzalez and Cotto are quitter Angulo is a quitter to.
                Last edited by oc9979; 06-12-2013, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  Question for REED: is Angulo's quitting excusable?
                  He had a reason to quit... sure. People have quit for less, although people have fought through worse.

So to me, that puts him right smack in the middle of essentially giving up.

It's certainly not on the level of Devon Alexander or Victor Ortiz quitting, though.

I don't blame him for quitting, but that is in fact what he did... Im not saying I wouldnt do the same thing he did, but Im not a prizefighter, he is.

He is held to higher standards, that is the profession he chose.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                    Of course you can play injured.

Fighters have legit broken their hands AND continued.

Were they injured? Yes... Did they continue? Yes.

Dunn, you are frustrating because you are not a ****** person... but to sit there and say that Angulo COULD NOT have continued is just pure ignorance.

You choose to ignore the difference between an INABILITY to continue, and choosing to not continue.

Nobody questions the guy was in pain... but theres a difference between being PHYSICALLY UNABLE to continue... and choosing to stop because of pain.

Abraham wasn't injured? What in the ****?
                    Just because one guy could continue doesn't mean the other can. Its just the injury its also the fighter. I don't know that Angulo could continue, But for you to say he could because another fighter did is ridiculous.

Condascending evaluation of my intelligence aside-Angulo's injury appeared to me to make it impossible for him to continue fighting because he couldn't take the punches.You keep saying the difference is between choice and inability. You gave the broken arm example. well a fighter cant throw. The same applies to "defense" as it does "offense". ANgulo's ability to take punches was compromised by the injury.

Regarding Abraham, its interesting that he told the ref he didn't want to fight anymore. Yet his corner made him go back and fight. SO its not like he stuck it out the way you have implied. Clearly there were other reasons the fight went on. That said I don't know how he was able to continue-which I should've made clear in earlier posts.

Comment

Just because one guy could continue doesn't mean the other can. Its just the injury its also the fighter. I don't know that Angulo could continue, But for you to say he could because another fighter did is ridiculous.

Condascending evaluation of my intelligence aside-Angulo's injury appeared to me to make it impossible for him to continue fighting because he couldn't take the punches.You keep saying the difference is between choice and inability. You gave the broken arm example. well a fighter cant throw. The same applies to "defense" as it does "offense". ANgulo's ability to take punches was compromised by the injury.

Regarding Abraham, its interesting that he told the ref he didn't want to fight anymore. Yet his corner made him go back and fight. SO its not like he stuck it out the way you have implied. Clearly there were other reasons the fight went on. That said I don't know how he was able to continue-which I should've made clear in earlier posts.
                      Abraham wasn't injured remember, so he doesn't count does he?

Did Angulo quit fighting or not?

Comment

Working...
                      X