No announcement yet.

Let's Be Real: Pac is a top 5 GOAT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    now days the ABC belts is all about the dollar you shouldn't use it as measure of greatness its what I'm trying to explain to you
    You think it so easy to have it because you figure out a newly coming pro fighter has a luxury to cherry pick to win his first 15 fights or more just to get his first cherry picked ABC title shot all the way to his 8 divisions title champ. LMAO

You may don't like how Pac got his other titles but saying everybody can get it because it so easy is wrong considering Pac came from 106 is already a great feat. Not unless of course you comparing Pac to these former 140, 147 fighters who won a paper title a 154.
    Last edited by straightleft; 06-07-2013, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• It's hard to put a number on fighters because they're all good in their own way and they're from a different era. All we can do is judge them during their time. When it came to judging on how great PAC was, boxing experts sat down and all agreed that PAC was the best of his era, beating out fighter like Mayweather and Hopkins for the honor. When you beat great fighters like Mayweather and Hopkins for being the greatest fighter of your era, you have the be great.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        i agree. But in the same...taking out 8 champions in 8 divisions is very impressive. Especially moving up in weight! With that and his measure of exciting fights. KOs KDs and 12 round beat downs on guys who were bigger and stronger. Id say...like all the greats who did great things in the ring , hes one of the best as well. Why not!
        we all agree PAcquiao is one of the best thats a giving but in how many of those division did he beat #1 guy in? or was he ranked #1 in said divisions? that's what you need to look at instead of if Jose Sulaiman sanctioned the fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          we all agree PAcquiao is one of the best thats a giving but in how many of those division did he beat #1 guy in? or was he ranked #1 in said divisions? that's what you need to look at instead of if Jose Sulaiman sanctioned the fight
          He's beaten 4 in 4 divisions, who has done that.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMexicutioner View Post
            Just because he's an active fighter who's footage isn't in black and white people don't give Pac the credit he deserves when ranking him all-time.

Facts:

-8 Division champ
            -One of the most exciting fighters ever in his prime
            -One of the greatest weight jumpers we have ever seen

Notable wins:

-JMM x2 (x3 if the judge had deducted the point from jmm like he was supposed to) - First ballot HOFer
            -Morales x2 - First ballot HOFer
            -De La Hoya - First ballot HOFer
            -Mosley - First ballot HOFer
            -Barrera x2 - First ballot HOFer
            -Cotto - First ballot HOFer

Has any other fighter destroyed this many HOFers? I seriously doubt it. Only fighters I could see ranked above Pac all time are Ali, Robinson, Leonard and Duran.

Let's be real, he's not even top 20 or 30

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
              Let's be real, he's not even top 20 or 30
              So where do you rate Floyd?

Comment

• Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
                7 Division World Champion
                4 Wins over Lineal Champions
                34 Title fights

Wins over Barrera, Morales, Cotto, Hatton, Bradley and Clottey, and 4 legendary close fights against his arch rival.

He's ranked much higher than De La Hoya. To say otherwise is just Hatred, Denial or ignorance.

ODLH was better than Pac, and i don't like the guy, but in any division where both have fought Oscar would beat any opponent Pac has faced. Oscar was a very good fighter.....size, speed, boxing smarts, power and a hell of a chin. Truthfully Oscar can hang in any boxing era and do more than hold his own. Shame he was (is) such a ****.

Comment

• Great fighter? Yes.

Top five all-time. No.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                    Top 25 I could give you. Truly is one of a kind and it will be a long time before we see a fighter like Pac again. That said, you are doing plenty of ****riding here.
                    This^^^^. I can see top 25 but top 5 is ****riding

Comment

• Top 5 in the last 10 years, maybe. Of all time? Not happening.

Does TheMexicutioner even know who Ezzard Charles is? Or Harry Greb?

When you slang that **** out you better know your history, son.

Comment

Working...
                      X