Reason's Why Wladimir Klitschko Is Not An ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    Yup.

Lets make an ATG list based on how good or bad their defeats were. Are you going to post Wlad's best 2 wins? Nelson has disappeared.

When you look at the resume you take defeats as well as wins. It doesn't come just to 1 or 2 fights.

If that was the case, than Bowe is higher ranked than Lewis because he beat a better version of Holyfiled..

Wlad best wins so far are ByrdX2 and possibly Haye (depends what Haye does before he retires).

Other very good wins are : Peter, Mercer, Ibragimov, Chagaev, Chambers, Brewster...

Comment

• So Chris Byrd is the fighter that Wlad proved his greatness against...

...and his second best win is against a fighter who's fought 6 times at heavyweight. Honestly, how can you say that's good enough to be considered an ATG? It's an insult if we consider him such. If we take Wlad's losses into account, it'd be even more detrimental to the claim.

Comment

• Muhammad Ali
        Jack Dempsey
        Gene Tunney
        Joe Louis
        Rocky Marciano
        Evander Holyfield
        Lennox Lewis
        George Foreman
        Joe Frazier
        Larry Holmes
        Mike Tyson
        Jack Johnson
        Ezzard Charles
        Jersey Joe Walcott
        Riddick Bowe
        I'm sorry, is this the guy who got his ass handed to him by Lennox at the Seoul Olympics; ducked Lewis as a professional; and was down on the scorecards in both fights with Andrew "Let Me Feel Your Balls" Golota (who, incidentally, was blown away in 1 round by Lennox)?

Lolz.
        Last edited by yoz; 06-07-2013, 03:44 AM.

Comment

So Chris Byrd is the fighter that Wlad proved his greatness against...

...and his second best win is against a fighter who's fought 6 times at heavyweight. Honestly, how can you say that's good enough to be considered an ATG? It's an insult if we consider him such. If we take Wlad's losses into account, it'd be even more detrimental to the claim.
          Wlad doesn't have one fight that stands out from the rest of them. He did beat some very good fighters as I listed above. It's not just he beat them, he dominated them and destroyed them too.

Byrd is at least a HOF candidate. He beat Vitali, Holyfield, Tua among the others. And Byrd was annihilated by Wlad.

All the contrary, if you take Wlad's losses and compare them to Tyson's or Holyfiled's losses you get a better picture. Wlad didn't have Tyson, Fraizer, Foreman or any other HOF/ATG (apart from Vitali) to fight against. That's why I think comparing defeats along with wins is relevant and fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
            I'm sorry, is this the guy who got his ass handed to him by Lennox at the Seoul Olympics; ducked Lewis as a professional; and was down on the scorecards in both fights with Andrew "Let Me Feel Your Balls" Golota (who, incidentally, was blown away in 1 round by Lennox)?

Lolz.
            Yet none of that matters as he has a better win than Wlad.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post

Lolz.
              That's what I really hate when people are focusing on just one fight or 1-2 years of someone's resume and then put them very highly, while trashing the guys who consistently beat and destroyed everyone for 10 years.

Listen this on Bowe and Lewis... from 3:50

Comment

Yet none of that matters as he has a better win than Wlad.

He has a better win than Lennox, Holmes or Foreman. Does that put him above all of those?

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                  Wlad doesn't have one fight that stands out from the rest of them. He did beat some very good fighters as I listed above. It's not just he beat them, he dominated them and destroyed them too.

Byrd is at least a HOF candidate. He beat Vitali, Holyfield, Tua among the others. And Byrd was annihilated by Wlad.

All the contrary, if you take Wlad's losses and compare them to Tyson's or Holyfiled's losses you get a better picture. Wlad didn't have Tyson, Fraizer, Foreman or any other HOF/ATG (apart from Vitali) to fight against. That's why I think comparing defeats along with wins is relevant and fair.
                  Now you're starting to see...

Name me one ATG who doesn't have at least one career defining win, you can't.

Byrd is not at least a HOF candidate, don't be ridiculous, he was losing by 5 points on all three cards before Vitali retired. Holyfield was past it and Tua is probably his best win.

All your hard work undone by that last paragraph, stop being such a bitch. Losses don't mean a lot, at least not in your context. You're wanting Tyson's losses against McBride & Williams to hold some relevancy but they do not and never will.

Wlad didn't have his version of Frazier or Holyfield and that's unfortunate but that's how it is. You can't just start bringing up ignorant ways to try and boost his credibility, he has to do that in the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                    That's what I really hate when people are focusing on just one fight or 1-2 years of someone's resume and then put them very highly, while trashing the guys who consistently beat and destroyed everyone for 10 years.

Listen this on Bowe and Lewis... from 3:50

I know, man, it's ridiculous.

Oh, and Dwyer is a moron.

Comment

• Wlad's biggest accomplishment is his longevity and domination. And we shouldn't forget that he's still active and can work himself up even higher in the all time rankings. A win over Povetkin alone would enhance his legacy, for instance. Lots of good fights left for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X