No announcement yet.

Boxer to keep an eye on: Diego Gabriel Cháves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    This guy is awful. Anybody with movement is going to severely embarrass him. Hell that Massoudi whoever the hell that is was having his moments.

Problems with an old Jan Zaveck who happens to be a better fighter even at this stage than Chaves ever will be.

Thurman knocks this kid out. I am not sold on Thurman but this guy is not good and wouldn't even beat a Chris Van Heerden hell I doubt this guy beats a Matthew Hatton, real talk.
    He looks a very small welterweight to me too.
    This.

The dude's a slower, fall-back version of Matthysse. Padding for Keith's resume.

Comment

FerFal had a man crush. Chaves didn't even fight the best argentine welters and he is suposed to beat Thurman? It should be a good fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
        At first he seems to be standing there like a pile of stones, but then you see there's an old school boxing style to it, with nice and fast hand and head movement. He's not jumping around like a monkey on cocaine, but his style still seems to be effective. I'll be looking forward to the fight. At the very least he's a very tough guy with a solid punch (and WAY more hunger to win than the Thurman guy who sounds like a duchebag)
        Carlos Mozon used to say that one of the keys for a boxer to win is just that, hunger for success, hunger to overcome poverty. Heck, his fighting style reminds me a little of Monzon, another guy that didnt jump around like a spring all fight long.
        FerFAL

Literally the only thing this guy has in common with Carlos Monzon is origin of birth. If Monzon could read you comparing this clown to him he'd be spinning around in his grave like a catherine wheel.

Comment

Man, you dumbasses never learn. You keep buing into every makebelieve fighter Haymons marketing team comes up with. Chaves will murder this fool.
          Some of you guys clearly know **** about boxing.
          Big surprise, youre the same idiots that thought Peterson would win.

Comment

Originally posted by JuanARG20 View Post
            this KID was beaten by an almost retired 38 years old boxer. not so long ago....the judges just gave him the fight, because the other guy was too old to be the champion....I WAS AT THAT FIGHT

LOOK ON YOUTUBE diego chaves vs omar weis
            I think Wais did win that fight, maybe not with enough authority to take his belt but I agree he won on the cards. Now Wais may mean nothing to some of the Danny loving dumbasses here but even at 38 hes one hell of a fighter. Too bad he never made the big bucks

Comment

Working...
            X