Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr is probably not the G.O.A.T but he is definitely the B.O.A.T.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was very good.. but his K.Os and PED revelations really harm his image for me. If Roy Jones did not fall from grace as he had, and he was a clean throughout his career then I will say you have a strong argument.

Comment

He really was the best though. Name a fighter that looks as good on film P4P? He was as fast as the fastest lightweights.

Comment

I dont agree but I wont argue with anyone who believes that.

Still though, everyone talks about Floyd-Pac not happening but the Hopkins rematch was just as big to me. Hopkins gave Roy by far the toughest fight of his career besides Griffin until the Tarver fight so I know a prime Hopkins wouldve given him hell. Then if you look into the future and saw how well Hopkins moved up to 175 to beat Tarver.

He looked physically great at 175. Much better than he did at 160 at the end so that tells me that he wouldve had no problems looking good at 168 where the match was scheduled to be at. No one talks about that anymore but that wouldve been one of the best matchups in history, easildy

Comment

Originally posted by bravestone View Post
          He really was the best though. Name a fighter that looks as good on film P4P? He was as fast as the fastest lightweights.
          I would take Floyd head to head P4P over him but again, I wont argue with those who pick Roy. The problem with Roy is that it was a ton of raw atheticism but he wasnt fundementally the best fighter and thats why I rank a guy like Floyd over him.

I think both are super smart, along with Hopkins but Floyd & Hopkins are more fundementally sound which is why I think that even when there athelticism is gone, they would still be hell to deal with. Not as much with Royd

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
            I dont agree but I wont argue with anyone who believes that.

Still though, everyone talks about Floyd-Pac not happening but the Hopkins rematch was just as big to me. Hopkins gave Roy by far the toughest fight of his career besides Griffin until the Tarver fight so I know a prime Hopkins wouldve given him hell. Then if you look into the future and saw how well Hopkins moved up to 175 to beat Tarver.

He looked physically great at 175. Much better than he did at 160 at the end so that tells me that he wouldve had no problems looking good at 168 where the match was scheduled to be at. No one talks about that anymore but that wouldve been one of the best matchups in history, easildy
            So why didn't Hopkins move up until Roy Jones got KO'd? It was clear he didn't want any of Roy at 175 until he was shot.

Comment

Definitely one of the best head to head fighters ever. The list of fighters that beat Roy Jones at his best is not very long.

Comment

stong case can be made for the c.o.a.t chinniest of all time as far as high level dudes.

Comment

I might say he's the most gifted or most athletic ever maybe, but I can't say the best to lace em up...

Too many hypothetical questions...how would he look against Tarver years earlier, what about awkward Michael Spinks...and I've seen very little of Archie Moore and Bob Foster...

And those PEDs questions cloud his legacy a bit...casual fans may not know or care much but boxingheads know about it...

Comment

Fastest fighter of all time, most athletic, most naturally gifted.

The only thing keeping him back is skill set and resume.

Comment

B.O.A.T. is nonsense...

and if there ever was a B.O.A.T., Valero would be that... his following is almost at Muhammad the prophet status

Comment

Working...
                      X