Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr is probably not the G.O.A.T but he is definitely the B.O.A.T.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones Jr is probably not the G.O.A.T but he is definitely the B.O.A.T.

Greatest of all-time has as much to do with the career achievements, as it has to do with ability, where as the best of all time is strictly a measure of ability. No doubt is my mind, the best boxer to ever lace them up was Roy Jones Jr.
    Yes
    34.88%
    No
    65.12%

I don;t know about the BOAT, but if you're looking to impress a new fan with anyone's highlight reel, he's the guy.

Comment

i wouldn't pick anyone from 60-75 in history to beat him.

Comment

MAE..........Most Athletic Ever
        Last edited by mathed; 06-01-2013, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KiloTeague View Post
            Greatest of all-time has as much to do with the career achievements, as it has to do with ability, where as the best of all time is strictly a measure of ability. No doubt is my mind, the best boxer to ever lace them up was Roy Jones Jr.
            No. You can probably make a better case for him being the GOAT than being the BOAT as well, and even then, no to that as well.

Comment

Certainly up there. At least top 5. Wouldn't pick anybody over him around that weight class, at any time in history.

Comment

There are plenty of fighters who fought at 160 and 175 that would give him major problems and some I would favor to beat him. But at 168 nobody touches him.

Comment

RJJ was so freaking fast as to be like a wonder of nature. Check my thread in the history section on RJJ @ MW. # genius.

Comment

We don't know how good he would have been without the drugs though.

Comment

Working...
                    X