Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he'll be fine

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      Hell be fine and there are plenty of other Floyd hate threads going right now
      Why do you care about Floyd? I though you were rooting for Canelo? Then you should be concerned about this topic, not try to stifle it

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        Why do you care about Floyd? I though you were rooting for Canelo? Then you should be concerned about this topic, not try to stifle it
        Cause im saying he'll be fine, as in Canelo will be OK. I even wrote that.

This has nothing to do with Canelo weight and more just to hate on Floyd. TS writing "How can people seriously defend that" lets it be known the agenda they are pushing

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
          So you've read his weight in the Matthew Hatton fight in 2011 as 151 and a half on boxrec, and now come to the conclusion that's the absolute lowest he could go?

His fight before that he was 149 and a half.
          It was the lowest he could go then, since the CW was set at 150 and he missed it by 1.5. Now maybe he's gotten smaller since then?

Comment

• Canelo always makes the 154 limit, I'm sure he'll lose the 2 extra pounds just fine. In catch weights like this, there's usually a larger disparity, like 150 lbs instead of 152 lbs. The 152 catchweight really is an accommodation by both fighters, and gives neither a significant advantage.

Now, if Floyd had required a re-hydration clause in the contract, then i'd buy that he "knows what he's doing" in that he was seeking some sort of huge advantage.. But the fact of the matter is, Floyd's only asking for Canelo to lose 2 more pounds than usual, and he can re-hydrate and balloon all he wants come fight night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
              Cause im saying he'll be fine, as in Canelo will be OK. I even wrote that
              Well case closed then, lock the thread lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
                So you've read his weight in the Matthew Hatton fight in 2011 as 151 and a half on boxrec, and now come to the conclusion that's the absolute lowest he could go?

His fight before that he was 149 and a half.
                Well I watched that fight but actually I was reminded by a article.

Canelo was 20 then. You don't completely fill out til your mid 20s. He's going to struggle making this weight.

It just shocks me that people think Floyd is in the right along for a cw. Why leave doubt in people's minds unless you think you need some sort of advantage?

Comment

• ahahahahah

Comment

• Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
                    ahahahahah
                    Disregarded after looking at sig.

Honestly im not some fan boy hater. I'm not trying to piss the fans off. This just seems like common sense that Canelo will struggle and Floyd wanted this cw for some slight advantage he thinks he needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      It was the lowest he could go then, since the CW was set at 150 and he missed it by 1.5. Now maybe he's gotten smaller since then?
                      Not convinced that's clear he literally couldn't get lower, so much as just 'didn't.

A) 149.5, then can't get any lower than 151.5 in a mere 4 months later!?

B) He could have just not quite shed as much as he'd expected and is normally able to.

C) He may not have given a shit, fight went on.

Comment

Working...
                      X