No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Saul Alvarez Master Thread - Post ALL Related Topics HERE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
    Of course Floyd's gonna win. He hasn't taken a fight he could have lost on any scale since Zab Judah. Floyd's about the money (which this fight will generate a lot of) and protecting/preserving his "perceived" reputation....and that "0". He knows the kid's not ready and too mechanical. If Floyd thought for one second Canelo stood a chance of beating him, he wouldn't have taken the fight.......if you need an example of this M.O., then I'll presume you haven't been following Floyd's "non-decisions" for the last ten years.

I respect Floyd, I really do; but he's been a let-down to me personally since he moved north of 135. Canelo, I love. Great kit, lots of potential, and I can't blame him for taking a shot at the current "man" and gaining the largest purse in his career. But he's not gonnna win.

I mean, hell, I could be wrong. He could catch Floyd with one of those choice telegraphed left hooks...or change his style completely and fight like Julio Caesar Chavez Sr and bury his face in Floyd's chest and beat his body to a pulp.....which, btw, is the only way to beat him; but, I don't think so.

I'm gonna bank on "Money" knowing his business and taking another ridiculous sum of mone to the bank....or, just pocketing the cash.

Floyd by relatively easy......minus 3 or 4 rounds to appease the Canelo following in the crowd.....decision. ....(probably majority.....just to feed the fuel for a rematch and more money. )
    good post

i agree Canelo has to fight very aggressive n not the counter puncher he was against Trout

Comment

• At the end of the day Canelo has a puncher's chance...just like anyone else who gets in that ring...by round 3 or even 2 reality will set in and we will realize that Floyd is leagues ahead of Canelo and most fighters in ring IQ and defense...

Only Father Time will beat Floyd...he played his cards right and picked his opponents, avoided the most dangerous threat and came out good...his legacy will suffer a bit for it but with little to none great fighters around this era he'll still be ranked highly...

Comment

• I for one don't understand the big deal about the catch weight. In my opinion I say haters are attacking Floyd so they can milk that excuse when Floyd wins. While people are complaining about Alvarez being at disadvantage, Floyd will have his share too. Remember is older, smaller, and weaker puncher then alvarez. He is past his prime and is easier to hit now. I say that its pretty even.

Comment

• Canelo has got this, Mayweather has looked slower and slower in his last few fights.

Comment

• A slower Mayweather is still faster than Canelo; I still give Cinnamon a great because of his combo punching.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfan4life View Post
              I for one don't understand the big deal about the catch weight. In my opinion I say haters are attacking Floyd so they can milk that excuse when Floyd wins. While people are complaining about Alvarez being at disadvantage, Floyd will have his share too. Remember is older, smaller, and weaker puncher then alvarez. He is past his prime and is easier to hit now. I say that its pretty even.
              it wouldnt be, but he talked so much crap about Manny taking catchweights n saying that he only fights fighters in there weight class lol

Comment

• Anybody who's going to be in Vegas word from Dan Rafael they will open the whole arena for the weigh in

Comment

• Originally posted by Arakawa Dunn View Post
                  why didn't you do this level of analysis when manny fought cotto at 145?
                  This account started after that fight

You need to take into account their history. Canelo had issues making 154 and issues making CWs before and barely made 152 years ago when he needed to go down to 150. Canelo has gotten bigger now and it will be tough to make 152. Objectively. we will see fight night but the odds are not good for Canelo as he showed all the signs in his last fight at 154. Low work-rate and stamina issues.

Cotto said after weigh-in that "I ate very well, I'm too healthy and too strong for Manny" and post fight interviews "I lost because I just couldn't see Manny's punches, he was too fast". Just as importantly, when looking at the fight with your own eyes, you can see that Manny's angles and speed was just too much for Cotto and Cotto didn't look drained.

Comment

• Anybody else find it hilarious that there's more interest in the co-main event here than the main event that's supposed to be the biggest in years?

Comment

• Canelo is gonna win this fight

Comment

Working...
                      X