No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Saul Alvarez Master Thread - Post ALL Related Topics HERE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
    Can lighting strike twice in the same place? I remember you saying the same thing for Pac/Marquez IV and look what happened.
    Well, Pac was winning the fight when he got wild and got caught. Thats why Marques wont give manny the rematch

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      Or Cotto used his high boxing IQ to trap him in the corners and on the the ropes. That's what happened. But he didn't look bad in that fight.
      that fight proved that a prime cotto beats floyd.

Comment

• Canelo Odds and Floyds Possible Mistake

I think a bet of odds of +240 on Canelo is reasonable for the following reason:
        Mayweather is feeling the Ghost-of-Manny-Pacquo from the night Manny retired Oscar De LaHoya with hand speed described by Jim Lampley as "blinding." Mayweather has dodged Manny for years now, and he hears the criticism.

I think this may make a difference if it appears Canelo is having to chase him. I think he's going to want to prove he can go more mano-a-mano with Canelo than people believe, and that could end Floyd. That hunch enough to make me feel +240 makes sense.

OBTW, anybody recomend an online book to bet the fight? In in the Midwest

Comment

• Originally posted by BrooklynRules View Post
          I think a bet of odds of +240 on Canelo is reasonable for the following reason:
          Mayweather is feeling the Ghost-of-Manny-Pacquo from the night Manny retired Oscar De LaHoya with hand speed described by Jim Lampley as "blinding." Mayweather has dodged Manny for years now, and he hears the criticism.

I think this may make a difference if it appears Canelo is having to chase him. I think he's going to want to prove he can go more mano-a-mano with Canelo than people believe, and that could end Floyd. That hunch enough to make me feel +240 makes sense.

OBTW, anybody recomend an online book to bet the fight? In in the Midwest
          You cannot be old enough to bet.

Comment

• just watched the guerrero/mayweather fight, well the first 6 rounds

i used to think trout would give mayweather serious problems, but now I feel that Floyd would easily dominate him, due to the fact that Floyd can easily take away a southpaws (who has no hand speed, like guerrero and trout) jab. Trout throws one of the laziest jabs I've ever seen in recent memory, and Floyd will obliterate your face with pullcounter hooks like he did to guerrero

IMO a southpaw will never beat floyd, at least not a southpaw who's looking to try and jab his way in, and ironically this is something pacquiao doesn't do, which is why I still feel that would be a great fight due to how unorthodox manny is

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno View Post
              wait, because a 32 year old Cotto gave a past-prime floyd some issues, that means a prime cotto beats a prime floyd? lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                I'm no Canelo fan, but I don't see Floyd committing enough to his punches and especially at 154, to hurt him.
                you don't need to overcommit to hurt a guy in boxing, you need to land a decent shot when he isn't expecting it. those are the best shots to land on a guy unless you've got JJ/IMT power

Comment

• Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                  you don't need to overcommit to hurt a guy in boxing, you need to land a decent shot when he isn't expecting it. those are the best shots to land on a guy unless you've got JJ/IMT power
                  Floyd lands decent shots plenty of times, a few when his opponents don't expect it. He still doesn't hurt his opponents often anymore because he's trying to score, not hurt and stop them. That does play a factor.

Comment

So winning 2 res proves that to you

Comment

Is Floyd infinitely in his prime?

Comment

Working...
                      X