Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it's so easy to cherrypick a career and make millions, why doesnt everyone do it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LELBRON View Post
    That would be a big fat NEGATIVE.
    Right because some one has fought everyone Gtfo and plz don't say Holyfield.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
      Right because some one has fought everyone Gtfo and plz don't say Holyfield.
      Is there a notable heavyweight from the 60s and 70s that Ali didn't fight? Maybe there is, but I can't think of one.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Is there a notable heavyweight from the 60s and 70s that Ali didn't fight? Maybe there is, but I can't think of one.

People can make a case of him ducking a Forman rematch granted he knocked him out but what does that matter by the logic of most champions take on all comers right? I wasn't alive then but from what I've read looking around Ali opted for the Wepner fight over the Forman rematch. Was he ranked yes was it a easier fight then the Forman rematch sure could you call it a cherry pick yeah do I care no does it make him less great no my point is all fighters take easy fights at some point or duck someone it just dont make sense to criticize mayweather for it. When in the end he'll be in the same place other past greats

Just my Opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
          Floyd's different. Guys can go undefeated fighting stars and won't make money like him. Floyd sold himself perfectly and does what ever he wants now.
          exactly.on top of that.he's better than everybody he has fought and everybody that he's never fought.

Comment

Originally posted by bravestone View Post
            Hes certainly a polarizing figure, wouldn't you rather talk about what fights are actually happening though?
            I don't mind talking about both .... I prefer that everyone fights good quality opponents. When some don't I think we should be pointing that out.
            Look, I like Manny, as an example. I still criticize some of his actions and opponents selection.

Floyd ducked Margarito. I was OK with that initially and gave him the benefit of the doubt but then he went on a long vacation when the division was getting hot and then did the same when Manny came along. There were others .... Floyd avoided too many and has even admitted to being a very selective opportunist and believes that he has earned it.

Now I take Floyd at his word when he says the above BUT then his fans should not be defending that he is not a cherry picker when Floyd says he is!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jamie1088 View Post
              If it's so easy to cherrypick a career and make millions, why doesnt everyone do it?
              Not everybody can be in the same position as when Floyd left Arum. The rest are still managed and controlled by their promoters, then approved/disapproved by tv networks. I can't see Broner, for example, pick his own fights at this point of his career. There's also Garcia, Matthysse, Guerrero, Ortiz, even Donaire, Rios, Alvarado, etc. are still at the mercy of their promoters.

It's not easy if you're not Floyd.

Comment

they all do it. ever heard of a lad named andre berto? how about adrian broner? multi-millionaires. have they beaten anyone elite? no, they would have been paycheck to paycheck type guys in any other era with their current resumes. oh well. hype!

Comment

Stopped Reading at "Do you actually think these guys will beat him"

Comment

Originally posted by jamie1088 View Post
                    Floyd gets so much hate on here for his resume, he ducked this guy, scared of him, who has he fought?, he cherrypicked him etc. etc. etc.

But the question I ask, if he has cherrypicked all these 'easy' fights why is nobody else undefeated like he is and for so long? why can nobody else follow Floyds blueprint and make hundreds of millions whilst fighting making a career 'bums'?

It's simple, because he is simply far too good...for his own good. You all say he ducked prime Margarito, Tszyu, Cotto, you honestly think these guys would have beat Floyd? He's been in there with numerous world champions and future HOF's, yet hardly one has laid a glove on him.

A comparison to this is with Messi, he gets hate for scoring tap-ins and only finishing off the hard work by his teammates, but again, if its that easy why isn't David Villa scoring 90 goals a season? why does Alexis not score 2 or 3 every game?

As I say, Floyd isn't fighting bums, he isn't picking 'easy' fights, he is just too talented for his own good.

floyd has fought hofs at the perfect timing, you can say that he also fought certain people just for the name itself. A good few examples are when he fought cotto or judah why so late in their careers? why not fight them when they too were undefeated? why go jumpin divisions and goin 12 rounds with baldomir or guerrero impressive? I as a fan would of loved to see the tzyu fight hell even the pacuiao fight. Floyd gets credit for fighting the people he and his team want not the fans and you still wonder why he gets so much hate?

Comment

Half these guys are just casual fans. Heard the same **** about roy jones. He made everyone look regular. Then they said he didn't fight anyone. Same **** diff day. To me if floyd beats canelo that's a wrap. If he doesn't fight him at 154 he's scared period. He claimed fighting people at their comfortable weight was what he did. Why drain canelo? Besides I think floyd wasn't focused and was sloppy. He also wanted to go toe to toe which isn't his fight. His father seen he had trouble with cotto because of that. So he thinks he should stay at 147. Floyd will be fine if he fights his fight at 154. Ill lose much respect for floyd if he wants to drain canelo. Then we can say he's ducking.

Comment

Working...
                      X