Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it's so easy to cherrypick a career and make millions, why doesnt everyone do it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People arguing day in and day out about a guy that couldn't care less about any of us.

Comment

Why bother taking any tough fights at all when you can just win the fantasy fight? Maybe we could just simulate them all on some program and save us all the bother.

Comment

Originally posted by bravestone View Post
        People arguing day in and day out about a guy that couldn't care less about any of us.
        If all else fails, use the excuse "why you coming on a boxing forum ...." Perhaps because its a boxing forum?

Don't worry, you are not alone .... I just read another Floyd fan saying the same in another thread...

Comment

I don't get it why does this thread get made 10 times a day ? Is he great yes did he avoid some fighters I'm sure he did did some avoid him I'm sure they did will we ever really know prbly not because none of us are there for negotiations.

Every fighter has ducked dodged avoided or ignored another fighter ssr did it tyson did it ali did it srl did it the list goes on and on but you dont hear anybody claiming their cowards.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
            If all else fails, use the excuse "why you coming on a boxing forum ...." Perhaps because its a boxing forum?

Don't worry, you are not alone .... I just read another Floyd fan saying the same in another thread...
            Hes certainly a polarizing figure, wouldn't you rather talk about what fights are actually happening though?

Comment

How can anybody say he ducked Kotza? The dude was banged up in the latter of his career. The dude fought 3 times in 29 months.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                I don't get it why does this thread get made 10 times a day ? Is he great yes did he avoid some fighters I'm sure he did did some avoid him I'm sure they did will we ever really know prbly not because none of us are there for negotiations.

Every fighter has ducked dodged avoided or ignored another fighter ssr did it tyson did it ali did it
                srl did it the list goes on and on but you dont hear anybody claiming their cowards.
                That would be a big fat NEGATIVE.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                  good post. i agree.
                  Dumb post. I disagree.

First one has to fight a superstar fighter. One with a huge name. Like De La Hoya for instance!
                  Win a very close decision and then retire to avoid the rematch (knowing that DLH was considering retiring before the fight to begin with.)
                  Also by avoiding the rematch all the fans wanted to see...Retiring also allowed him to duck out the entire division in which at that time was RED HOT!
                  Then one has to come back and fight LWs struggling to make WW CWs in while He himself struggled to come down in weight. (Be the bigger guy, hint hint)
                  "I dont feel comfortable @ 147 so i wont be fighting here again. I wasnt right at this weight" - Ricky Hatton! (said thi after his gift win over Collozo!) Then whod he fight? Mayweather! @ what weight? WW!!!! :WORD:
                  Then one has to sucker punch his opponent! For a win!
                  Finally fight old past prime fighters and fighters willing to take a check.

Not everyone can do this. Most fighters who get in that ring are fighters. NOT COWARDS! Not everyone can be a Coward!

End thread! :ANWOD:

Comment

People like to hedge their bets with Floyd. This dude was past their prime when Floyd fought him but give another guy full credit for the win when they beat the same guy later. If Floyd fought Thurman tomorrow you guys would call that a cherrypick fight. Then you accuse Floyd of ducking Margarito. Its the same situation now as it was in 07. Margarito was coming up fighting tomato cans just like Thurman is now. But Floyd is looking for bigger purses and fighters that can bring in bigger numbers. So unfortunately Thurman probably wont get his shot unless he can do something Margarito never did. And thats beat someone of note.

Comment

[QUOTE=jamie1088;13421733]You all say he ducked prime Margarito, Tszyu, Cotto, you honestly think these guys would have beat Floyd?

First, why was Floyd ducking these guys instead of the other way around?

All these guys ducked Floyd. Sure, they all "called out" Floyd, but then what happened? Margo called out Floyd, got caught with plaster in his handwraps and then got KO'd by Shane. Same with Cotto because he got KO'd by Margo.

That's the funny thing; Floyd is undefeated, but all the guys he supposedly ducked got KO'd, including Manny being KO'd by JMM. If Manny had won, the public would have demanded a fight, but Manny lost.

So it's not that Floyd is so good, it's because those other guys are so bad. If they were truly in Floyd's class they would be undefeated.

Comment

Working...
                      X