Maidana vs Josesito - Why i'm questioning Maidana[VIDEO]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maidana vs Josesito - Why i'm questioning Maidana[VIDEO]

Why i'm not sold on Maidana yet?

Here we have Marcos Rene Maidana, who started off as a crude wild uncoordinated brawler with crazy heart and power only to be refined into a semi wild coordinated brawler by the likes of R. Garcia. In this fight you can see that he pick up some skills with his head movement and setting up straight right counters and left hooks.

Then we have Josesito Lopez, who also has heart, decent power and limited skillset. Fights adversity knowing he was behind in the Ortiz fight. Good chin even though he was stopped by Canelo.

The real question that bothers me is between these two fighter's heart is that one actually showed a kink in his armor that puzzled me.

Round 6: Maidana vs Lopez

What is going on in Maidana's mind right now? Why wasn't he as aggressive as he was when he shot out the gate in the beginning rounds? Did he get hurt to the body or was he buzzed from a head shot? To be honest, it almost looked to be as if he was almost submitting to Soto Karass's pressure or was this his attempt at giving a round away to hold wind for the later rounds? Not likely, as he was holding on Karass for dear life.

Even Maidana's own team said they didn't even know what was going on with Maidana. So that rules out him doing a strategic move from a game plan that Robert Garcia taught him.

Watch below
    as the son of Garcia explains his thoughts on Round 6.

I still would slightly pick Maidana to win these fight but im pretty unsure as well at the same time wonder what Chino will do when he throws his bombs and still see Josesito coming forward(that is if Lopez can take them throughout the fight).

Give me your opinions on what you think about it.
    Do you think Maidana was going to fold? Or was it a trick?
    Will he beat Josesito? Why or why not?

He has a soft midsection. Not sure why people headhunt against him. Go to the body and its virtually a wrap.

Khan dropped him from a bodyshot - Goes headhunting.
    Alexander hurts him to the body - Decides to go headhunting.
    Soto Karass has him on the verge of quitting/getting stopped, decides to go headhunting.

Go to the guys body, that is where he is vulnerable. Same with most of these guys with decent chins.

Comment

Maidana was looking to recover, catch a second wind, all there was to it. Really no need to go any deeper than that.

Comment

Maidana gonna **** Lopez up. I don't think highly of Lopez.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          He has a soft midsection. Not sure why people headhunt against him. Go to the body and its virtually a wrap.

Khan dropped him from a bodyshot - Goes headhunting.
          Alexander hurts him to the body - Decides to go headhunting.
          Soto Karass has him on the verge of quitting/getting stopped, decides to go headhunting.

Go to the guys body, that is where he is vulnerable. Same with most of these guys with decent chins.
          You very well could be right with this.

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
          Maidana was looking to recover, catch a second wind, all there was to it. Really no need to go any deeper than that.
          I thought that could be the case until you noticed how aggressive he held on in every clinch. The man was hurt, no denying it.

Comment

Maidana went on to stop Karras,he was hurt but clearly wasn't going to quit as he recovered just fine the round after.

maidana will stop Lopez, Lopez won't box and move the entire fight, its not is style. this will be a war.

Comment

i don't even recall a real decent body shot landing in that fight. a lot of those body punches by JSK were landing on maidana's arms or not hitting at all since maidana was rolling pretty well with the punches. he showed great defense in that fight. al bernstein made it sound like maidana was getting beaten up to the body but every instant replay showed otherwise, it was almost baffling. i don't know what was going on in that round but whatever the case may be, maidana finished strong and stopped the guy two rounds later.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                i don't even recall a real decent body shot landing in that fight. a lot of those body punches by JSK were landing on maidana's arms or not hitting at all since maidana was rolling pretty well with the punches. he showed great defense in that fight. al bernstein made it sound like maidana was getting beaten up to the body but every instant replay showed otherwise, it was almost baffling. i don't know what was going on in that round but whatever the case may be, maidana finished strong and stopped the guy two rounds later.
                You're right I didn't see a clean shot to the body either and even their team didn't know what was going on but he definitely had that look of hurt from something. His team didn't even know so it cant be a question of taking a round off or not.

Comment

It looked weird in the sense that most fighters hide that their fatigued or hurt, Maidana didn't even try to bluff, that's the only thing I found weird about that round. Still, Maidana defended well, bought time, clinched when he had to and went to work in the proceeding round after.

Comment

Lopez will be a tough opponent, Lopez has the better conditioning and Maidana has been hurt by weaker punchers than Lopez, JSK and Morales to name a few. I'm gonna lean towards Maidana though, I think his jab will control Lopez momentarily and the overhand rights will soon follow. Maidana also has a nice lead left hook, lets see if his stamina holds up though.

Comment

Working...
                    X