Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: No Surprise if Froch Knocks Kessler Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    Did you really call them legends?
    Legends of SMW, whats wrong with that?

Comment

Originally posted by duwdu View Post
      What makes you think Froch wants it more? I hope you've not made that conclusion based on who's been more vocal in the press in English?

I think it's a 50-50 fight.

P34c3

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      No. I'm saying it because Kessler already has the W and an L would make it 1 all. He can 'afford' the L. If Froch loses he'll be 0-2 and he'll forever be measured below Calzaghe. Froch is as motivated as possible.

Kessler is talking about retirement and about what he wants to do when his career is over which leads me to think that IF the fight gets as tough and hard as the first one, Froch will prevail.

I'm still picking the viking warrior by KO though.

Comment

Let Ward STFU and come to Europe for a rematch against the winner. Froch can fight in Denmark, Kessler in the UK. Ward's a coward compared to these two until he proves otherwise!

Comment

Froch has showned the ability to adjust while Kessler hasn't. I give the edge to Froch, their last fight was very close and Kessler looked hurt at times.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
            Let Ward STFU and come to Europe for a rematch against the winner. Froch can fight in Denmark, Kessler in the UK. Ward's a coward compared to these two until he proves otherwise!
            No doubt Ward has fought many of his latest and biggest fights in California, but how does that make him a coward? Name another fighter who has faced competition as stiff as he has since 2009.

Comment

I agree with Ward. Kessler is definitely at the end of his career, he's past his prime. His last two performances have been against a couple nobodies and he hasn't looked that great in them. He knocked out Green in spectacular fashion but he looked very flat footed and even got knocked down.

It would be a huge win for Kessler if he beats Froch. More so than the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                Green has lot of power in his left hook but he's not a big right hand puncher, Kessler got dropped by a right hand. Maybe it was just an accident, maybe it's indicative of a decline in punch resistance, I'm going with the latter.

And I definitely don't think Green is a bigger puncher than Froch.
                In the 1st, Green caught Kessie with a short right uppercut, then with a right hook that seriously staggered Kessler -- then Green continued with a right and a left short hooks, and somehow turned and nearly pushed a wobbling Mikkel to the canvas. Greens last left hook did not even land.
                In case Froch would have been there, at that moment, the fight would have finished right away...
                Last edited by MDPopescu; 05-22-2013, 03:45 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

Of course Ward is rooting for Froch, this because Froch showed he's open for a rematch in the UK... Ward called Hearn to come up with a nice purse that would lure him across the pond...
                  Kessler, on the other hand, didn't look eager to meet Ward again...

(Froch -- in his usual style -- even said he felt he was pick pocketed in the first Ward fight)...
                  Last edited by MDPopescu; 05-22-2013, 03:46 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    Of course Ward is rooting for Froch, this because Froch showed he's open for a rematch in the UK... Ward called Hearn to come up with a nice purse that would lure him across the pond...
                    Kessler, on the other hand, didn't look eager to meet Ward again...

(Froch -- in his usual style -- even said he felt he was pick pocketed in the first Ward fight)...
                    Kessler has openly stated he'd take a rematch with Ward. He deserves one more than Carl.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                      Kessler has openly stated he'd take a rematch with Ward. He deserves one more than Carl.
                      Indeed. He just stated that there was always problems with Ward and his team; He would never leave home, always wanted his neighbor as the referee and his uncles as the judges. So negotiating Ward was/is futile.

I don't think it matters anyway as Ward is heading to LHW now anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X