Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: No Surprise if Froch Knocks Kessler Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Andre Ward is going to be in London for the fight. Looks like he doesn't mind going overseas, so long as he doesn't have to fight there without his shady home referees who permit him to deliberately head butt.

The Billy Goat Chronicles:

This is rich coming from a fan of Wlad Klitschko who gets away with so many illegal tactics on his home turf.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      allan green is a very big puncher. bigger than even froch. he's not a very good fighter and he was shopworn, but he's always had a big punch and that's the last thing to go.

i'll go so far as to say that green was the best puncher kessler has ever faced off the opponents with which i'm familiar. maybe he faced some huge euro banger before the andrade fight (first time i saw kessler,) but i tend to doubt it.
      Green has lot of power in his left hook but he's not a big right hand puncher, Kessler got dropped by a right hand. Maybe it was just an accident, maybe it's indicative of a decline in punch resistance, I'm going with the latter.

And I definitely don't think Green is a bigger puncher than Froch.
      Last edited by Light_Speed; 05-22-2013, 11:38 AM.

Comment

i knew you would not approve of this.

i doubt highly that anybody will stop kessler before he retires. he's got a beard.
        I had to say it bro.

Ward does have a point though. Froch is the one that wants it more I think and he is Lucky that Kessler gave him a return even though he didn't have to. And even in his own country.

I think and hope that it doesn't come down to who wants it more though. I expect a KO. Kessler probably cannot win on points in England and will go for the KO. That might leave him open for Froch's blows.

Comment

allan green is a very big puncher. bigger than even froch. he's not a very good fighter and he was shopworn, but he's always had a big punch and that's the last thing to go.

i'll go so far as to say that green was the best puncher kessler has ever faced off the opponents with which i'm familiar. maybe he faced some huge euro banger before the andrade fight (first time i saw kessler,) but i tend to doubt it.
          Green is absolutely the biggest puncher Kessler ever fought.

Comment

Kessler ain't getting stopped.

Comment

im a big froch fan but i think he is in for a very tough night

if there is a knock out its gonna be late

two legends digging deep for the fans cant wait

Comment

Originally posted by ukalltheway View Post
                im a big froch fan but i think he is in for a very tough night

if there is a knock out its gonna be late

two legends digging deep for the fans cant wait
                Did you really call them legends?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  Andre Ward is going to be in London for the fight. Looks like he doesn't mind going overseas, so long as he doesn't have to fight there without his shady home referees who permit him to deliberately headbutt.

The Billy Goat Chronicles:

This ^^^^^^^^^^.

Ward should have been DQd in the Kessler fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by New England

i knew you would not approve of this.

i doubt highly that anybody will stop kessler before he retires. he's got a beard.

I had to say it bro.

Ward does have a point though. Froch is the one that wants it more I think and he is Lucky that Kessler gave him a return even though he didn't have to. And even in his own country.

I think and hope that it doesn't come down to who wants it more though. I expect a KO. Kessler probably cannot win on points in England and will go for the KO. That might leave him open for Froch's blows.
                    What makes you think Froch wants it more? I hope you've not made that conclusion based on who's been more vocal in the press in English?

I think it's a 50-50 fight.

P34c3

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      Green has lot of power in his left hook but he's not a big right hand puncher, Kessler got dropped by a right hand. Maybe it was just an accident, maybe it's indicative of a decline in punch resistance, I'm going with the latter.

And I definitely don't think Green is a bigger puncher than Froch.

i've seen froch and green both fight live, and green was the harder puncher by a good deal. he could always punch, and with both hands. his left hook is without a doubt his best shot, but his right hand is still a very hard punch and there's no shame in a guy that large hurting you with his gas. it was hard to tell if the right hand would have dropped kessler without the left hooks behind it that clubbed him down, but the right was surely was caused the damage.

at any rate, i think froch and kessler are going to box for the most part, and step on the gas late. if it's close they'll both push, and if there's a clear winner of the rounds that guy will probably continue to box while the other pushes.

Comment

Working...
                      X