No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tszyu Says The Klitschko Era Will Eventually Pass

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miamike View Post
    Many say the division was a joke while they ruled it.
    Was it their fault that they had a ****ty era?

Between the two of them they've beaten everybody out there you could possibly have asked of them and pretty much unified the division (aside from fighting each other). It's not their fault that they're ridiculously better fighters than anybody else in the division in the past decade.

What'll be funny is listening to those same ****s who cry about how much the Klits suck 5 years from now when we've got a different champion from every alphabet soup organization in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by miamike View Post
      Many say the division was a joke while they ruled it.
      Stewart? I highly doubt it, its completely inconsistent with everything I've ever seen him say. Please quote your source.

Fact is HW division is very talented, but the K's make them look bad. Also, Tszyu is wrong, at least about HW's, when saying young fighters come along and dethrone the champs. Historically, the HW division has never had a single example of a dominant HW champ being dethroned by another younger fighter who then went on to become another dominant champ (dominant champ meaning undisputed or little disputed and actually successfully defended more than once or twice). If someone does it to one of the K's, chances are it will be someone who does not last as champ, as typically happens. As far as other person's comments that someone usually unifies, again not true. Since the belts proliferated so much, the only ones to unify completely have been Tyson individually and the K's collectively, although Lewis certainly had nothing left to prove. It's much easier to defend one belt than collect all of them.

Comment

the klits destroyed present and future generation of fighters . they killed and ended careers of young fighters calvin brock aereola etc. if they lost in a rematch the guy got savagely KOd and could not fight after that. did you see how many guys they beat and could not fight at c level after defeat. when they are gone you will see the thuggish fat egomaniacal slobs losing the title in first defense and the title turned into a WWF event

Comment

He said "MANY" ..not Manny....

Originally posted by andrewa1 View Post
          Stewart? I highly doubt it, its completely inconsistent with everything I've ever seen him say. Please quote your source.

Fact is HW division is very talented, but the K's make them look bad. Also, Tszyu is wrong, at least about HW's, when saying young fighters come along and dethrone the champs. Historically, the HW division has never had a single example of a dominant HW champ being dethroned by another younger fighter who then went on to become another dominant champ (dominant champ meaning undisputed or little disputed and actually successfully defended more than once or twice). If someone does it to one of the K's, chances are it will be someone who does not last as champ, as typically happens. As far as other person's comments that someone usually unifies, again not true. Since the belts proliferated so much, the only ones to unify completely have been Tyson individually and the K's collectively, although Lewis certainly had nothing left to prove. It's much easier to defend one belt than collect all of them.

Comment

i wish Tszyu could have fought pbf , oh how i wish . i remember him knocking Zab senseless !

Comment

Also, Tszyu is wrong, at least about HW's, when saying young fighters come along and dethrone the champs. Historically, the HW division has never had a single example of a dominant HW champ being dethroned by another younger fighter who then went on to become another dominant champ (dominant champ meaning undisputed or little disputed and actually successfully defended more than once or twice).
              Well Ezzard Charles did end Joe Louis' 14 year winning streak and went on to defend the title 4 times, and he didn't have the luxury to handpick his opponents like the Klits do. So I'd say it's a good example.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                Believe it or not, the heavyweight division will be far worse off without the Klitschkos running it. I know that's particularly difficult pill for a lot of American fight fans to swallow, but it's the truth. Once the Klitschkos are gone the division will revert back to how it was after Lewis retired : Titles changing hands constantly because nobody is talented enough to rule it.
                If Wlad and Vitali retired to tomorrow then I would agree. However, five or so years is a long time in boxing. We don't know who will be around by then. Just look at five years ago where Ruiz, Valuev and old Evander were the only notable names in the division. These day we have a good mix and match of heavyweight names to make for some interesting fights. There's also some up and coming amateur boxers crossing over to the pros soon, most notably Anthony Joshua.

Comment

Q: On a somewhat related note Emanuel, a lot of fans claim that the heavyweight division is weak right now. Can you recall any time in history where the division had a similar state and what do you think needs to be done in order for this to recover in the eyes of the fans?

A: I think that the heavyweight division is the weakest that I ever saw it, that I can recall, I would put it this way, but if you look back at history it happens like this. I think it’s worse now because you don’t have anything coming from the amateurs. That’s what troubles me. It used to be weak, but you always had the George Foreman or even Klitschko. He is the last of the amateur program fighters from ’96. He’s the last product that came from the amateur system to the pros and that was what, about fourteen years ago now, and that’s what the problem is. There’s nothing coming from the amateur system, and I don’t see it worldwide, even these Cubans or whatever and the Russians. I don’t see much coming. I don’t see anything else coming up. It’s a weak heavyweight division and I don’t see anything too much coming up that’s going to make it any better in the future.

But if you look back through history, Joe Louis had that era when he went on the “Bum of the Month Club” as they called it and he was fighting with ‘Two Ton’ Tony Galento, the bar tenders, and this and that. Then I remember when Tyson was the same way. Nobody was up there for Mike. He was at the time considered fighting Pinklon Thomas and them, but I still thought those were better fighters but the public thought he was that dominating, but that was still a tough era. They said the same with Lennox. Lennox was having a weak division, but I thought that was better still. You still had guys such as Shannon Briggs and good competitive guys out there.

This is the weakest that I have ever seen it but it’s part of heavyweight history and that’s why we have these “Bum of the Month Clubs” and all that, and all of a sudden out of nowhere—somebody explodes on the scene. Right now, the biggest explosion has been David Haye and it’s nothing he did in the ring. Just verbally running his mouth he’s created a lot of excitement and a big buzz about himself. But it is weak, and I never saw it this weak and I hope that it will change but I just don’t even see it changing for maybe about another five years.
                  http://www.e a s t sideboxing.com/weblog/news.php?p=23586&more=1

Comment

RE: Tszyu Says The Klitschko Era Will Eventually Pass

Yes Kostya, I think so too.

The era will end in about 2017.

Comment

not until Wlad retires
                      Povetkin is gonna get beat, KO'd if he fights like a champ
                      Vit will be gone soon, but Wlad will reign as long as he wants
                      don't see any of the HW contenders doing anything to him
                      Vit's old, so his opponents are going the distance more
                      but even at that they don't come close to winning
                      only injuries/retirement will stop Vit, only retirement will stop Wlad

Comment

Working...
                      X