No announcement yet.

Kessler on the decline, why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary View Post
    Cheers mate, there's no way for me to know if it's right or wrong, but I don't think that there was any trouble for the viking, he was punching back and going straight back to his own rythm again. If he was hurt it was for a very short while, and when he got up again I think he had shook it off.

what's important is that there's a rocking fight this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      i agree in that he was not in danger of being stopped. he was hurt, though. there's no convincing me otherwise, and saying otherwise isn't fair to green's power, which was legit.

the worst i've seen kessler hurt was against calzaghe, and that was from a body shot.

underrated fight, that. had me rocking and rolling for sure.
      Yes the bodyshot from Calzaghe hurt him the most. Hidden lever shot.

Comment

what's important is that there's a rocking fight this weekend
        Ha ha most definitely!! It just doesn't get any better for me. 40 people at my place - It's going down!

May the best man win.

Comment

Yes the bodyshot from Calzaghe hurt him the most. Hidden lever shot.

underrated beast, calzaghe. tall, southpaw, threw a ton of punches, great chin.

paul williams without the insane dimensions and leaky defense

Comment

Ha ha most definitely!! It just doesn't get any better for me. 40 people at my place - It's going down!

May the best man win.
            40!

hell yeah! you guys are going to have a blast.

Comment

cause he's had alot of fights and is older now maybe?

its only natural...

Comment

underrated beast, calzaghe. tall, southpaw, threw a ton of punches, great chin.

paul williams without the insane dimensions and leaky defense
                He was exceptional, always admired watching him box, never seen anyone quite like him.

Comment

I agree that his competetion has not been the best, Green, McGee and a can. But he handled the business like he was supposed to do. The level of his competetion might make him look better in my eyes, but I really think he's improved since his so called "prime". Where would you place his prime years?
                  We will find out if he still has it.I don't know where i would place his prime years maybe from Mundine too Calzaghe he had some pretty good performances in that stretch and while he didn't beat Joe he put up and a hell off a show them uppercuts in i think round 3 and 4 were peaches.I am actually gunna watch that fight again tonight now ha

Comment

I think Kessler has an even chance to beat Froch. He would not come to England if he did not think he would win. He is a year younger than Froch and I can't think of a recent fight he had where he looked any worse than Froch looked against Ward. He beat Froch once and he just might beat Froch again.

Comment

Working...
                    X