No announcement yet.

Kessler on the decline, why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kessler on the decline, why?

I keep on eyeing these people who just throws out arguments like "Kessler is on the decline for sure!", I want to ask you, why?

We've seen him fight 3 fights where when he found his rythm, it became a quick sneaky KO. Some new flying hooks with the power to KO.

One KD of his whole carreer suffered against Allan Green, where he was NOT hurt, at all. So besides that where's the new weaknesses that some of you posters have spotted?

Originally posted by Scary View Post
    I keep on eyeing these people who just throws out arguments like "Kessler is on the decline for sure!", I want to ask you, why?

We've seen him fight 3 fights where when he found his rythm, it became a quick sneaky KO. Some new flying hooks with the power to KO.

One KD of his whole carreer suffered against Allan Green, where he was NOT hurt, at all. So besides that where's the new weaknesses that some of you posters have spotted?
    he was hurt in the green fight... you've got his picture in your sig [and your avvy,] so i can't expect you to change your mind if i ask you to look at it again

his hands and feet are slower than they once were.

he's 34 years old and has 50 fights. the question should be, why don't you think he's slowing down?

Comment

Too be fair Scary he hasn't been beaten world class guys either since Froch he has had a long career and a few injuries and while 34 ain't old in boxing he ain't in his prime.I hope he pull through saturday big fan off Kessler

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        he was hurt in the green fight... you've got his picture in your sig [and your avvy,] so i can't expect you to change your mind if i ask you to look at it again

his hands and feet are slower than they once were.

he's 34 years old and has 50 fights. the question should be, why don't you think he's slowing down?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMQ_WtbSlVg at around 2:10. He doesn't seem hurt to me at all, there's a knee buckle, but that's it.

When you see the way he moves around the ring, he seems a lot smarter than back in the Calzaghe days. He uses his upper body movement a lot more under Jimmy Montoya and he's far less stationary. Also his combination punching is improved, against Andrade you can see the old Kesslers way of doing combinations. Completely stationary, an easy target. Not anymore. Also he sees punches coming really good, you can see him trying to "beat" them off with his fists, which basicly means no decline in reflexes in my book.

Further than that, the body work Kessler does nowadays has made his last 3 opponents gunshy. He throws some sneaky bodypunches that I don't really recall earlier in his career.

All in all, I think Montoya has brought in a lot in Kesslers game.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMQ_WtbSlVg at around 2:10. He doesn't seem hurt to me at all, there's a knee buckle, but that's it.

When you see the way he moves around the ring, he seems a lot smarter than back in the Calzaghe days. He uses his upper body movement a lot more under Jimmy Montoya and he's far less stationary. Also his combination punching is improved, against Andrade you can see the old Kesslers way of doing combinations. Completely stationary, an easy target. Not anymore. Also he sees punches coming really good, you can see him trying to "beat" them off with his fists, which basicly means no decline in reflexes in my book.

Further than that, the body work Kessler does nowadays has made his last 3 opponents gunshy. He throws some sneaky bodypunches that I don't really recall earlier in his career.

All in all, I think Montoya has brought in a lot in Kesslers game.

i don't know what to tell you when you look at a hurt fighter and tell me he is not hurt. it insults people to tell them they are wrong, so i won't tell you that you're wrong in trying to persuade you. it will not persuade somebody, telling them they're wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
            Too be fair Scary he hasn't been beaten world class guys either since Froch he has had a long career and a few injuries and while 34 ain't old in boxing he ain't in his prime.I hope he pull through saturday big fan off Kessler
            I agree that his competetion has not been the best, Green, McGee and a can. But he handled the business like he was supposed to do. The level of his competetion might make him look better in my eyes, but I really think he's improved since his so called "prime". Where would you place his prime years?

Comment

i don't know what to tell you when you look at a hurt fighter and tell me he is not hurt. it insults people to tell them they are wrong, so i won't tell you that you're wrong in trying to persuade you. it will not persuade somebody, telling them they're wrong.
              To be fair, he wasnt hurt to the point of him being even remotely close to being stopped. He did back off a little, but I think he was more embarrassed than anything else really.

Comment

Cheers mate, there's no way for me to know if it's right or wrong, but I don't think that there was any trouble for the viking, he was punching back and going straight back to his own rythm again. If he was hurt it was for a very short while, and when he got up again I think he had shook it off.

Comment

He's been really disappointing after his Calzaghe loss. He had the potential despite that loss to dominate 168, I can understand the Ward loss but apart from that he should be fighting better competition and more regularly. He's 34 and fighting bums or taking huge breaks. He should be fighting top level opponents every fight.

He is 34, been in 50 fights, wear and tear and age are REAL.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    To be fair, he wasnt hurt to the point of him being even remotely close to being stopped. He did back off a little, but I think he was more embarrassed than anything else really.

i agree in that he was not in danger of being stopped. he was hurt, though. there's no convincing me otherwise, and saying otherwise isn't fair to green's power, which was legit.

the worst i've seen kessler hurt was against calzaghe, and that was from a body shot.

underrated fight, that. had me rocking and rolling for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X