Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander vs. Khan Likely Next; Devon Wants Floyd, Too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't want floyd wasting his time with devon. devon wouldn't make that fight interesting at all.

Comment

OK, while this will be a good scrap....I don't think Khan deserves a title shot at WW. But GBP keeps Khan on a pedestal for some damn reason. Devon has a good chance of KOing Khan. Besides hurting Maidana to the body, I haven't seen Khan hurt anyone in a long time.

And, I seriously hope Mayweather isn't dumb enough to fight Khan even if he does manage to get passed Alexander. He will get FLAMED for it.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
        screw alvarez.he can take his chicken ass and go fight at 154 and 160. how's about mathysse vs mayweather
        Another Floyd fan that throws all logic out of the window just to try to protect his Floyd.

How can you say Canelo vs Floyd at 154 is not legit but you have no problem with Lucas moving up to a division that he has never fought at? Remember (like you don't know) that Floyd has fought at 154 twice and has a title there.

For me Canelo still needs a few more fights under his belt and needs to fix his issues BUT you guys want all the advantages for Floyd going into a fight.

Comment

Devon is exaggerating a bit.

He fought nobody at 147 that makes you say that he is ready for Floyd ..... but perhaps he is going by Floyd's standards of picking an opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Thickback View Post
            OK, while this will be a good scrap....I don't think Khan deserves a title shot at WW. But GBP keeps Khan on a pedestal for some damn reason. Devon has a good chance of KOing Khan. Besides hurting Maidana to the body, I haven't seen Khan hurt anyone in a long time.

And, I seriously hope Mayweather isn't dumb enough to fight Khan even if he does manage to get passed Alexander. He will get FLAMED for it.
            Floyd and GB have been trying to make the Khan vs Floyd fight for the longest time. Khan has set that back by losing to Garcia and now looking very average in his last performance or else we would have already seen that happen.

Floyd and GB still want that fight. They are just hoping that Khan eventually cooperates and beats someone!

Comment

Originally posted by ChestRockwell View Post
              This is actually a good fight for Khan in that he probably won't get knocked out. Alexander can't really take much either. I think he's overrated and soft. Khans speed will match up good. Anyone else notice Danny Garcia's "oh ****, I'm ****ed" look after Matthysse steamrolled Peterson last night?
              LOL, can't take much? A lot of people on here hate Devon, but almost everyone agree that he has one of the best chins in boxing.

Here is my question to everyone: If Floyd doesn't fight Canelo next then who gets the call? IMO if Devon's hand is healed it's him. Who else signed with GBP is worthy of the fight that can fight on that date? Maybe Paulie if he wins, but the timing probaly makes it impossible.

All signs point to Devon if the Canelo fight doesn't happen.
              Last edited by turkas; 05-19-2013, 12:05 PM.

Comment

GBP is at it again...hyping up mediocre fighters in hopes you'll buy another $70 lopsided ppv. By now the only people who haven't figured it out are the Floyd fans. Schaeffer and De La Hoya have taken the Arum blueprint and perfected it..i'm sure Arum sitting somewhere laughing at all of this. Considering all the criticism from GBP fanboys towards top rank there is a sweet irony watching GBP over the past two plus years. Khan #2, Broner magically getting a title shot by jumping two divisions, piting floyd versus Berto's opponents..matchups are now just comical. Next they'll put DeMarco on a steak and potatos diet and bring him up to 147 and call him the mandatory lol...or hell why not gavin rees lol.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
                  DUUUUh!!!.explain that to ray's idiot ass. thats the proof why khan is the final fight for the 140 tourney.but he'll fight alexander to duck it. khan wants no part of mathysse nor garcia. his expression last night made the point.
                  I thought he looked a little shook watching Devons performance as well.
                  I guess theirs just no easy roads to Mayweather. Unlike a lot of posters here I think Devon has enough power to hurt Khan but I doubt Khan can hurt Devon.

Comment

devon would beat khan

Comment

Working...
                    X