• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
    this is what i'm thinking.

canelo/cotto
    matthysse/garcia

then have someone like mares on there as well. that'd be a pretty great card.
    I never get pumped for fantasy cards but that would be a great card, probably not going to see it though.

Comment

Garcia is in a lot of trouble.

Him and Khan probably both shat themselves last night.

Comment

Garcia vs Matthysse would be a free fight in the main event no doubt in my mind.

Throw Mares on there with Chris John and it's the free card of the year

Comment

I love Lucas but people claiming he is going to steamroll Garcia are simply wrong. Mattyse couldn't KO Judah and neither could Danny so with a very good boxer in Judah they did about the same. Also Mattyse did just have a KO of the year candidate but let's not forgot Danny has some of those KO's as well, granted it was against Khan and old Morales.

I would still give the edge to Mattyse but this is a 60/40 fight in my opinion it's very close as both guys seem to have really solid chins. It'll be interesting to see who has the better one in this fight, and the better hand speed.

Comment

Mark my words, stick them in a signature, do whatever- Matthysse absolutely KO's Garcia.

Comment

i don't care where it takes place as long as it takes place...

Comment

Like Paulie Malignaggi said, it's a blockbuster of a fight. Make it happen.

Comment

LOL...Why all the disrespect for DC?

I'm sure Schaefer has looked into several venues. They are probably booked for 9/7.

Comment

Why DC though...wouldn't this be in New Yolk?

Comment

I can't see any reason whatsoever for this fight being in DC...none.

Neither fighter is from there. Peterson-Khan did very well there but it's Peterson's hometown so it made sense...this doesn't.

It should be in New York, Atlantic City or Las Vegas. Hell, even Philly as Garcia is from there.

GBP has an exclusive deal with Barclay's Center in Brooklyn to do fights in New York. If that venue is booked for something else you will not see them do a fight at MSG because of the Barclay's deal.

They also say Boardwalk Hall in AC is already booked.

They may not want to put it in Vegas because it's only one week before the September 14th card GBP plans on doing there.

Philly to me would make sense as Garcia is from there, but does his hometown even care?

Comment

Working...
                      X