No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia-Matthysse Could Be in Washington, D.C., on 9/7

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Floyd R View Post
    DC is a much better location than Vegas when you consider the ethnicity of the fighters. Garcia is Puerto Rican and the majority of Puerto Ricans live on the east coast. Although the Argentinian population in the US is quite small, most Argentinians are concentrated in the south (Florida) and the east coast.
    Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
    how many argentines showed up to martinez/chavez in vegas? if danny fought on the west coast in cali, a lot of his fans would make it out to the fight. fans of both fighters will come out wherever it's held, that said, this fight needs to be thrown on the undercard of alvarez/cotto and have it be in vegas, new york, or even texas (a lot better than dc that's for sure). like i said in my previous post in this thread, after khan/peterson, dc does not deserve to host a big fight like this. have peterson/judah headline in dc on a separate card. matthysse/garcia does not belong in dc.
    I see what you're saying Floyd R, but I feel how chiguy does. Both Argentines and Puerto Ricans would travel to see this fight, wherever they put it. I don't think D.C. deserves this fight and at the Mandalay Bay or MGM Grand, would give it the big fight feel it deserves.

Also like his idea of putting Peterson-Judah on it's own card there, much better idea.

Comment

When you look at the IBF 147 ranking , Danny Garcia could fight one of the top 5 guys and have a chance at Devon Alexander title in 2014

Comment

Dammit, bring it to MSG

Comment

Anywhere on the east coast and I'll be there again. Verizon center is perfect cause is the closest to me.

Put one or two PEDersons on the undercard and good to go.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by LeonardEllerbe View Post
            my Prince
            Man, take that sick mancrush crap out of here.

Comment

Originally posted by tuts View Post
              this fight needs to be at the garden, and lucas did his thing tonight much props to him! but the way people are hyping him up it seems like his ready to move up and beat mayweather! this still the same guy who lost to judah and alexander. smart movement and counter punching will give him problems
              Officially yes but in reality do you really believe they actually were the better boxers???? Couldnt find alot og boxing snalyst giving the fight to judah and alexanders Americans fet the nod remember peterson vs khan??? No wsy he won that fight on top ped positive and not striped? Had it been a mexican or argentinian or anything else omg the world is over.

Comment

Why DC?

Somewhere in NY would seem like the logical venue.

Comment

Danny garcia is a dead man walking sorry swift fans

Comment

Originally posted by tuts View Post
                    this fight needs to be at the garden, and lucas did his thing tonight much props to him! but the way people are hyping him up it seems like his ready to move up and beat mayweather! this still the same guy who lost to judah and alexander. smart movement and counter punching will give him problems
                    OMG would you guys stop this stuff already!? His fight with Zab was his first fight against a class opponent and his first fight in the US, he made the rookie mistakes of starting too late and assuming he would get unbiased judging. You have to really look for it if you want to score that fight for Zab, I know I didn't. As far as Alexander goes, people need to just let that one go. Alexander lost that fight by three points, easily. With the knockdown it really wasn't that close or difficult to score, Matthysse won.

Comment

How about the Wells Fargo Center in Philly????????

Comment

Working...
                      X