No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devon Alexander Beats Down Lee Purdy For TKO Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ericd314 View Post

Regardless of what you think about Devon, he has W's over Matthysse, Maidana, Kotelnik, Urango, Bailey...ALL power punchers... so like Floyd May says, "it might look easy looking in from the outside, but once you get in the ring its totally different"

So Devon might not be as garbage as what you think, didnt Lucas Matthysse himself say Alexander was the hardest and toughest fighter he's fought so far....so who am I going to believe that Alexander is garbage, you or the 140lb KO artist CHAMPION......easy choice, I'll go with LM.....
    Anyway good fight tonight Lucas, you did your thing tonight.....
    The record should rightly show Matthysse having the 'W' over Alexander. He was blatantly robbed in that fight. More so than the Judah fight, and he won that one as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TouchyAndalou
      Quote:

Originally Posted by turkas

I think people should give him credit for going toe toe. Especially since some said he doesn't/can't do it.

He tries hard to entertain tonight.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

I think we've got to keep in perspective just how limited an opponent he was facing tonight. I've watched Purdy fight several times and to be honest with you, he's British level at best. Which is to say that he's not even European level. No disrespect to Purdy who showed heart, but if Devon was spoiling against this guy then he might as well just retire. Not to mention Purdy's style, which saw him standing directly in front of Devon with his hands up saying (literally saying at times) 'hit me'.

Credit to Devon for doing what he was meant to do, but let's see what he shows against a live opponent next time.
      I hear ya. But, people said Devon can't be entertaining or he only boxes. He clearly came to impress tonight.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I thought he looked good. Hurt hand and still dominated with one hand. Khan v Alexander I like it.

Comment

I would like to see Khan fight Alexander next. I 've always wanted to see that fight at 140 but at 147 will due make it happen GBP. Props to Alexander on his TKO win. Purdy's team did the right thing by stopping the fight.

Comment

alexander is a POS to even take that fight and purdeys corner was ordered to stop the fight so alexanders hand would not get further damaged and whose to say alexander would not have gassed out with a bad hand later in the fight

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
              The record should rightly show Matthysse having the 'W' over Alexander. He was blatantly robbed in that fight. More so than the Judah fight, and he won that one as well.
              BULL..S..H..I..T, it was a close fight, if Lucas is such a beast and Devon is so garbage, then why come he didn't KO Devon like he did Peterson last night?

So JMM beat Pac in the 3rd fight but was robbed by the judges right?
              Lucas has problems with guys who can move but when he gets in a slugging match he usually wins...Peterson is by far slick, he's a come forward brawler just like Lucas......Regardless of what YOU say, the record books say Devon-1 Lucas-0

Comment

Originally posted by nacho mama View Post
                alexander is a POS to even take that fight and purdeys corner was ordered to stop the fight so alexanders hand would not get further damaged and whose to say alexander would not have gassed out with a bad hand later in the fight
                Really??? Are you really that ****in stupid? It was suppose to be Kell Brook but he puss...ied out again, so instead of not fighting Devon wanted to stay busy, so Purdy was the only fighter who would take the fighton a 4 week notice.

Please stop posting stupid dumb comments if you don't know what the hell u r talking about

Comment

People are actually in this tread saying Devon was boring?! That kid put on a fabulous right hand power punching display. Hooks, uppercuts and combination punching galore and from crazy angles too.

Comment

yea I really am that f### dumb. I could care less about who he was to fight I said purdys corner was ordered to stop the fight so the protected alexander who lost to cruel hand luke but won would not damage his hand any further. and again alexander is a POS and I bet juiced like most afro fighters. and don't talk to me with your idiotic childish text talk language

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      People are actually in this tread saying Devon was boring?! That kid put on a fabulous right hand power punching display. Hooks, uppercuts and combination punching galore and from crazy angles too.
                      It's pretty ridiculous. Devon went out and did everything the haters said he couldn't and they still whine about him.

Comment

Working...
                      X