Comments Thread For: Guillermo Jones Refused To Take a Post-Fight Drug Test

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
    As I have been told...

Diuretics can be used for more than just weight loss!
    They can be used to hinder the detection of any other substances in the body which have been used, just like J'leon has used them we can't be fully sure what else he used.

Its a banned drug for a reason lets leave it at that, rules and regulations are there for a reason.
    Well this doesnt really matter at this point considering there are other articles confirming from multiple sources that several tests have been taken on Jones behalf.

Lol like I said before everyone is going to automatically assume that they used a diuretic as a "Steriod Mask" because thats what they truly want to believe. There is no proof, its all speculation, and to be quite honest if he was roiding I dont think his stamina would have looked so **** in the middle rounds and his body would have been much more defined than it was, or should I say always is because that is how Jones always looks. He fights off skills not physique because that doesnt win fights ask Berto, Cloud, and Shumenov, three champs that all have nice physiques but lost to fighters who were physically inferior but skillfully superior.

Im not saying diuretics are tolerable and acceptable never that is against the rules but its a different thing when people like Andre Berto clearly test positive for banned anabolics the ones that actually increase strength and performance and are allowed to fight again on national television with little more than a slap on the wrist while fighters who are just accused and never proven are scrutinized for all the possibilities and what ifs that are never truly set in stone.

Comment

guy is like 40 and took those shots like skittles, definitely on something if he refused to take the test.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
        Well this doesnt really matter at this point considering there are other articles confirming from multiple sources that several tests have been taken on Jones behalf.

Lol like I said before everyone is going to automatically assume that they used a diuretic as a "Steriod Mask" because thats what they truly want to believe. There is no proof, its all speculation, and to be quite honest if he was roiding I dont think his stamina would have looked so **** in the middle rounds and his body would have been much more defined than it was, or should I say always is because that is how Jones always looks. He fights off skills not physique because that doesnt win fights ask Berto, Cloud, and Shumenov, three champs that all have nice physiques but lost to fighters who were physically inferior but skillfully superior.

Im not saying diuretics are tolerable and acceptable never that is against the rules but its a different thing when people like Andre Berto clearly test positive for banned anabolics the ones that actually increase strength and performance and are allowed to fight again on national television with little more than a slap on the wrist while fighters who are just accused and never proven are scrutinized for all the possibilities and what ifs that are never truly set in stone.
        Using steroids wont automatically make you look like Berto...
        You are aware of this aren't you?
        It takes hard work along with this so its hard to judge If someone has been on juice from just looking at there body.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
          For the love of God please tell me you're joking. There is NOTHING that can make your neck, jaw, and brain fluids increase stability or cushion. Literally impossible.

As for refusing, he's in Russia. They don't enforce ****. You can fight with Hepatitis C and they won't tell you until 2 hours before the fight your opponent has it.
          Trust me I've said in the past that I don't believe PEDs have been proven to be effective in boxing BUT I'm not closing myself off to the possiblity of a substance that can improve your punch resistance, unless you know every single drug in the world, you can't claim it doesn't exist. I was just speculating after two cases of guys showing surprisingly good punch resistance and either testing positive or refusing to take drug tests.

Anyway this point is moot because Jones did take the test.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
            guy is like 40 and took those shots like skittles, definitely on something if he refused to take the test.

he also looked HUGE. 215 - 220 for sure, at least to my eyes.

peds can help you lose weigh,t and put it on in 30 hours while staying healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              Is testing in his contract?
              If testing is not in the stipulation of a contract does that condone the use of illegal substances?

I think you're missing the big picture right here.

Cheating should never make someone prosper, I don't know clearly you must be for cheating to be allowed with a remark like that.

If the opponent is not on anything then what's the big fuss?

He's tested positive before and by the looks of it he's used something yet again.
              Get off your high horse mate. He was asking because if it wasn't in his contract and they only asked him to do it after he won, then he should rightly refuse for fear of being set up. Nothing to do with condoning it, or being on a side. It's got to do with the corruption of boxing.

If he was contracted to do it, and still refused, then that's ****ed. Big difference though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post

This is true but still, he needs to take post fight tests. It's really that simple.

Comment

I don't wanna read through the whole thread. Can anybody confirm this: did Jones really refuse to take the doping test?
                  I am sick of somebody saying this, then Don King comes up and says it is not true and balablbablabla. Because after what I saw in that fight (fight should have been stopped many rounds earlier), I see the Russian mafia controls everything. So they might as well say Jones didn't test or test positive or whatever. What is the truth?

Comment

Using steroids wont automatically make you look like Berto...
                    You are aware of this aren't you?
                    It takes hard work along with this so its hard to judge If someone has been on juice from just looking at there body.
                    And using diuretics doesnt automatically make you mask steriods.

Either way he took the tests so until something comes back positive there really is no argument

Comment

I know its a horrible think to say but if Jones had taken that test it would come out positive..... I know someone in Russia who started up a business. After 3 years it became profitable, then he had a knock on his door from 1 man claiming he owned 49% of his business. That how Russia is and works...... Very clever people and great at business even if corrupt

Comment

Working...
                      X