No announcement yet.

I am rooting for Peterson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
    That wasn't my point. My point was, it's OK for certain fighters to be cheating, but if another fighter even gets accused, it's the end of civilization as we know it.
    i fully understand what your point was...

its always the end of civilization as we know it if a certain fighter gets accused or gets caught, from someone's point of view

i think some people still believe that PEDs are scarce and rare in professional sports, and get legitimately offended and outraged when they hear an athlete has been caught, as if they are invested in that athletes career, or as if that athlete actually gives 2 shits about them. i dont get why such an uproar, its become a staple of pro sports, and has been for a while. slowly but surely, it will continue to be uncovered, with advanced testing, then even more advanced drugs will be concocted, and the blind eye will be pulled over and everyone thinks the PED fad is all over, and it will repeat itself over and over and over, and everytime there'll be those people that are so shocked it rocks their world on a personal level. its ludicrous...

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post

its always the end of civilization as we know it if a certain fighter gets accused or gets caught, from someone's point of view

i think some people still believe that PEDs are scarce and rare in professional sports, and get legitimately offended and outraged when they hear an athlete has been caught, as if they are invested in that athletes career, or as if that athlete actually gives 2 shits about them. i dont get why such an uproar, its become a staple of pro sports, and has been for a while. slowly but surely, it will continue to be uncovered, with advanced testing, then even more advanced drugs will be concocted, and the blind eye will be pulled over and everyone thinks the PED fad is all over, and it will repeat itself over and over and over, and everytime there'll be those people that are so shocked it rocks their world on a personal level. its ludicrous...
      Dude, you're still running around my point. Why is it OK for a certain fighter to be cheating, but when another fighter gets accused, it's the end of civilization as we know it?

You don't have to keep typing up a paragraph on PED usage. We all know this bro.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz
        Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

Umm what? It takes more than just PEDs to punch hard. You also need technique to generate power not just PEDs. If we go by your logic Julian Jackson and Tyson mustve been on some SERIOUS ****.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

thank you for agreeing with me and indirectly acknowledging that all the "i dont support drug cheats" business is taken out of proportion. this is getting exciting...

ps the margarito fans are absolutely the kings in this thread. lmao i love it!
        Being blown out of proportion? You do know this is boxing right? This isn't golf or bowling. Even someone like Malignaggi can cause brain damage. What if someone like GGG was on PEDs? No big deal right?

My guess is if PEDerson wasnt on the pellets he wouldnt be this so called "beast".

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Being blown out of proportion? You do know this is boxing right? This isn't golf or bowling. Even someone like Malignaggi can cause brain damage. What if someone like GGG was on PEDs? No big deal right?

My guess is if PEDerson wasnt on the pellets he wouldnt be this so called "beast".

so if lamont wins youll give him 0 credit right?

Comment

I used to think only a few athletes took illegal substances and attributed this idea to the belief that these athletes took pride in working hard to achieve results. Over the course of the last 2 years, I regrettably have to say that the overwhelming majority are on an illegal substance. I'd venture to guess close to 90%.

Comment

Dude, you're still running around my point. Why is it OK for a certain fighter to be cheating, but when another fighter gets accused, it's the end of civilization as we know it?

You don't have to keep typing up a paragraph on PED usage. We all know this bro.
              im not running around your point. im agreeing with you. as long as it fits an agenda, then its all good. talkin smack about one fighter and defending another is all fine and dandy for NSB, but all im sayin is that everyone thinks that all banned substances and PEDs make a sub par fighter some kind of super human monster, with no prior knowledge of what the PED was, most of the time. like the guy below me right here for instance...

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post

this is what i mean when i said that every single PED (and banned substance) gets put together in the same category. whos to say GGG isnt on PEDs. whos to say lamont wasnt a beast before the so called power "pellets." show me a PED that can make malignaggi a no puncher to a mega puncher. please...

Comment

im not running around your point. im agreeing with you. as long as it fits an agenda, then its all good. talkin smack about one fighter and defending another is all fine and dandy for NSB, but all im sayin is that everyone thinks that all banned substances and PEDs make a sub par fighter some kind of super human monster, with no prior knowledge of what the PED was, most of the time. like the guy below me right here for instance..
                My bad, I was reading your posts wrong then. Glad to clear that up.

Your point about PEDs not making a huge difference. I agree, most people just assume banned substances are steroids, but in Peterson's case, he was taking testosterone. He either a) needed it because of a test deficiency, usually caused by prior PED usage. b) using it in his camps, and ****ing his test levels, then bringing them back down. Either way, it's not a good look for Lamont.

And I agree, Lamont is a beast either way, but obviously it helps him to train the way he does, and stay in tip top shape.

Comment

My bad, I was reading your posts wrong then. Glad to clear that up.

Your point about PEDs not making a huge difference. I agree, most people just assume banned substances are steroids, but in Peterson's case, he was taking testosterone. He either a) needed it because of a test deficiency, usually caused by prior PED usage. b) using it in his camps, and ****ing his test levels, then bringing them back down. Either way, it's not a good look for Lamont.
                  there we go. yea not lots of people know about steroids / PEDs, yet make it seem like they are the creators and are shocked at the very inkling of them, but im willing to bet 99% of them could not list one advantage of a specific PED, yet they are all so taboo. dont get me wrong, pro athletes should not be drug enhanced, but they are and nothings gonna stop that, so at least people could learn a thing or two about the alleged "magical substance that makes a weak no power puncher into the hardest p4p puncher on the planet" so the arguments could be actual debates, instead of complete nonsense. but hey, i cant say i dont enjoy watching most posters stick their foot in their mouth but fight on lol...

Comment

there we go. yea not lots of people know about steroids / PEDs, yet make it seem like they are the creators and are shocked at the very inkling of them, but im willing to bet 99% of them could not list one advantage of a specific PED, yet they are all so taboo. dont get me wrong, pro athletes should not be drug enhanced, but they are and nothings gonna stop that, so at least people could learn a thing or two about the alleged "magical substance that makes a weak no power puncher into the hardest p4p puncher on the planet" so the arguments could be actual debates, instead of complete nonsense. but hey, i cant say i dont enjoy watching most posters stick their foot in their mouth but fight on lol...
                    Agree, at the end of the day if they're all using it, it is an even playing field as far as I'm concerned, BUT I just hate posters that demonize one fighter, and sweep another fighter's wrongdoings under the rug. Not saying you, but certain posters do that goofy stuff.

Comment

Agree, at the end of the day if they're all using it, it is an even playing field as far as I'm concerned, BUT I just hate posters that demonize one fighter, and sweep another fighter's wrongdoings under the rug. Not saying you, but certain posters do that goofy stuff.
                      couldnt agree more. so i was wrong, there are some that can think outside the box on NSB, as well as be objective... you are basically like an extinct species on here these days. my how i miss the old NSB...

Comment

Working...
                      X