• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    here's a lil secret about boxers: they ALL do

dont tell anyone
    No eff'n way!!! They ALL do!!! *end sarcasm*

But..but..but..manny fights for the people NOT money. Lmmfao!

Comment

Koncz: "Manny, If you give me 20% of your purses and handle all your money you will live happily ever after. Yay!"

Arum: "Manny, besides the itty bitty 27% that I take from your purses plus other little small fees that come out to practically nothing, this deal is a steal. We are making nothing from this new deal. You crazy killer!"

Manny: "Yay!"
      Last edited by -Huey-; 05-17-2013, 02:18 PM.

Comment

pac's finances are just fine. as were mayweather's before his new fight deal. the money trouble stories always arise with these two. believe the garbage if you want.

Comment

Remember he got a 1 million as a signing bonus from top rank...

WHAT AN IDIOT, and he is a politician. lololololololololol
          No wonder the place is a third world country... if you cant understand simple finances then you probably shouldnt be running a country.
          Im american so i know all about politicians with no financial acumen

Comment

Originally posted by Ekscape View Post
            - via Complex.com (ESPN.Com)

Damn hope Manny gets it together hate to see him end up like Tyson or Holyfield...
            hind site is always 20/20.... Havent people been saying this for years about the Manny/Bob Arum situation.
            Foyd has been outting Bobs sneaky azz since the whole Floyd/Pac thing started, but people were calling him a hater/jelous...
            As much as I think Manny was in on the whole deal, I hate seeing Bob get over on him like this

Comment

When all the news about his finances were all over the place and arum made him fire them caused guess they found something out I knew something like this was happening. Also he needs to take advances for fights and if he is settled and ok the he shouldn't need advances.

Said it last year I think that manny is a future Holyfield where he needs to keep fighting for money.

I don't feel bad for him though cause a grown man should have been watching his money not just trusting people to watch it for him.

Hopefully not true cause seeing old fighters who used to be good still fighting is a sad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by salitap4p#1 View Post
                pac's finances are just fine. as were mayweather's before his new fight deal. the money trouble stories always arise with these two. believe the garbage if you want.
                I will believe it... Happened to joe louis, happened to sugar ray robinson, happened to tyson, holyfield, jones jr, Riddick bowe, etc

He wont be a homeless guy, but def wont be buying fancy cars and financing campaigns when he is 50 years old. MARK IT DOWN......

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  it's sad how these boxers blow their money. it seems like this is the trend with many boxers. they go broke at the end of their career then they just fight for money. I hate to see these guys suffer same fate as holyfield or even Roy jones.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  Roy Jones isnt broke is he?

I assume you're talking about fighting too long? In Roys case I can see why it happened. Imagine once being so untouchable. It must be so hard coming to terms with the fact you just aint got it anymore

Comment

Not a surprise....

Comment

I wouldn't worry about a wealthy Pacquiao turned poor. I would worry about his family.

Reminds me of a fellow expatriate (a Filipino) in some Middle Eastern country some years back. He came from poor origins, like many, and finally secured a lucrative job abroad. While newly-arrived expats coming from many parts of the world worry about things like good accomodation, soft ready-made beds, good food, etc., he whispered to me with a big chuckle that he couldn't care less about such things, "I could sleep soundly on the floor."

That's how I envision a guy like Pacquiao without money. Seeing him in some pictures sleep side by side with a bunch of dudes will attest to that.

Comment

Working...
                      X