No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse: I'm Not Worried About The Judges

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
    I suggest you go watch some Matthysse fights, and you'll realize how dumb that sounds.
    It's clear a lot of people haven't watched many of his fights if that's how they think of him. The really noticeable about him, to me at least, was his savage bodyshots. He visibly hurt guys with bodyshots in a way you don't very often see at the top level.

It's funny when you see people talk about Peterson chopping him down. Peterson is definitely a good body puncher, but body punching is what makes Lucas Matthysse. Any plan of Peterson's that involves putting him in a situation where he's going to be soaking up body shots is going to be winning this fight the hard way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      It's clear a lot of people haven't watched many of his fights if that's how they think of him. The really noticeable about him, to me at least, was his savage bodyshots. He visibly hurt guys with bodyshots in a way you don't very often see at the top level.

It's funny when you see people talk about Peterson chopping him down. Peterson is definitely a good body puncher, but body punching is what makes Lucas Matthysse. Any plan of Peterson's that involves putting him in a situation where he's going to be soaking up body shots is going to be winning this fight the hard way.
      Yep. People keep asking, can Matthysse deal with lamont's body shots? Um, can Lamont deal with his???

Lucas has the best body attack in boxing right now.

Comment

whoole lot of people on here think Matthyse is just a dumb power slugger with a chin. The guy can box all night and he shows improvement with every fight. yes Peterson is veeery serious about this? but Matthyse is "dead serious". Great matchup, both great fighters. respect to both men

Comment

Ive seen all his fight since 2009, and if you have also you would notice how much he has improved, and changed the temperament on how he fights.

Look at the Judah fight, his footwork was pretty bad, and he was content to just box for the first 5 or 6 rds. The Judah fight he looked better, but still content early in the fight.

Now look at his fights from Alexander on, and he comes out to kill from the first rd on.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
            He's with Haymon now. Why would he worry about the judges?
            Trout was with Haymon too and everyone says the score margins were wide.

Comment

Makes me sick to see a PED user still in the ring. Ban this cheater.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post

His defense is pretty impressive too he has a very good guard and is very good at slipping a shot then countering just watched his fights with Soto and Ajose last night again and it was pretty impressive

Comment

Matthysse by ko/tko mid to late rounds. Now watch him end it early lol.

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
                    I was actually talking about his life growing up homeless but whatever.Peterson has a low testorone level off an eldery and he used them too bump it up too levels that are legal in Vegas but he had his time out was stripped off a belt he was punished
                    Oh, now that Peterson has received his punishment, we can draw a line under it and ignore his being caught for cheating. Fabricated stories an flimsy excuses aside, Peterson clearly cheated. This should never be forgotten!

Comment

Originally posted by right hand jab View Post
                      Oh, now that Peterson has received his punishment, we can draw a line under it and ignore his being caught for cheating. Fabricated stories an flimsy excuses aside, Peterson clearly cheated. This should never be forgotten!
                      Well clearly it isn't he is now on random drug testing

Comment

Working...
                      X