Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse: I'm Not Worried About The Judges

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mathysse by stoppage. He'll go to the body early and bust Lamont up in the later rounds. Mathysse TKO/KO 11

Comment

He has Haymon on his side now.

Alexander fight still makes me angry. Horrible.

Comment

The beast and mythical KO power of Matthysse will bring the best out of Peterson. Peterson the beast wont show up. Peterson the boxer will show up and he will simply outbox Matthysse.

I also predict at the end of the fight Peterson will say, "You can't win a fight with one punch".

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
          Too many people underestimate Peterson. Once that guy's engine warms up he becomes a beast himself. Can Matthysse handle the pressure? We know he can punch but can he take it? We will find out and I can't wait.
          The expectation is that he can because he's never looked hurt or gassed in fights to date, but yeah Peterson is going to bring that bodywork in a big way if he gets into his groove.

The big question is whether Peterson is going to stay in close like that, or whether he's going to pick his chance to come in, get off, and then hold Matthysse before going back to work behind his jab on the outside.

The first strategy is a riskier one because Matthysse's own bodywork is vicious and obviously his short punches upstairs are too, but the second strategy is giving Lucas that space in front of him to come forward and a guy like him can pick up momentum doing that. Look how Mosley dealt with Margarito, up close and personal and never letting him get on a march. Of course the difference here is that the gap in skill is nowhere near as wide.
          Last edited by Dr Rumack; 05-17-2013, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blak81 View Post
            The beast and mythical KO power of Matthysse will bring the best out of Peterson. Peterson the beast wont show up. Peterson the boxer will show up and he will simply outbox Matthysse.

I also predict at the end of the fight Peterson will say, "You can't win a fight with one punch".
            I guess it's possible, but Peterson's never shown that type of boxing ability at this level. I don't think he can stay at range without taking a lot of brutal right hands.

Comment

it's not the judges he has to worry about, it's the PEDs

Comment

Originally posted by blak81

Matthysse wins his fights with one punch? I think you got him mistaken with Donaire.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  Yea... getting pellets inserted in you is a real cool story. I'd love to see how that process goes.

I was actually talking about his life growing up homeless but whatever.Peterson has a low testorone level off an eldery and he used them too bump it up too levels that are legal in Vegas but he had his time out was stripped off a belt he was punished

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad?
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

Yea... getting pellets inserted in you is a real cool story. I'd love to see how that process goes.

I was actually talking about his life growing up homeless but whatever.Peterson has a low testorone level off an eldery and he used them too bump it up too levels that are legal in Vegas but he had his time out was stripped off a belt he was punished
                    If thats what you wanna believe.

Its sad to see a guy who had it so rough his whole life trying to take shortcuts.

Comment

Originally posted by blak81 View Post

I suggest you go watch some Matthysse fights, and you'll realize how dumb that sounds.
                      Last edited by BUNGALOWS; 05-17-2013, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X