Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Calzaghe: A Good Fight, But I'd Beat Andre Ward!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CAPT AMSTERDAM View Post
    ward couldn't deal with the workrate , ward has good timing to cancel joe's speed but you have to remember joe had great timing aswell. ward would close the distance but joe being joe he always found a way to win , what i still find astounding is people still forget that joe could pack a punch aswell(he didn't get britel hands for nothing) either way we all know it would go 12 rounds and i firmly believe that joe would of beaten ward in what would of been a brilliant fight , just a shame there paths never crossed.
    Joe had heavy hands against tomatocans, cab driver and Eubanl, early in his career, not late. He would never ko ward.

Comment

Joe was a very good fighter and has beaten some good names out there but he's talent outweighs he's resume. The fights I really give him credit for are the lacy & Kessler.. I can't give home too much credit for the Bhop win because Bhop at times made him look like a amatuer and it was a very close fight and some would say based on clean punching Bhop takes the fight. The Roy Jones victory?! Com on.. Roy was way past he's prime and was a shell of he's former self . I really wish joe was far younger than he was and would a being able to compete with the likes of Ward and Froch. Of course joe is gona say he would win but if I had to bet between him and Ward I would pick SOG anyday . Sure Joe was a great talent he's unorthodox southpaw style punch combinations reflexes and endless stamina but Ward pure Boxing skill wise is a league of he's own. Ward has fought the best competition and far outweighs joe's Career but if they fought I would pick Ward for sure. Froch would b a better opponent for Joe and would b a FOTY type of fight. Respect to Joe though the guy was one of a kind and I wish he could a being younger and still competed in a better era at SM and LHW.

Comment

Originally posted by shoog View Post
        I've heard plenty of brits say that because of his toughness and the competition he fights, that theyd have to give the nod to froch over calzaghe, in other words calzaghe aint that good!
        Not all Brit fans - Froch fans are dillusional he is not World Class Joe would of owned him just like Ward did - even an injured Kessler beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
          what are you talking about?
          What don't you understand

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
            What don't you understand
            Lol Lacy was never good, even a guy like Bute showed 1000x more skill than him. Lacy was getting hyped up beating up guys like Reid, Pemberton, and Sheika.

That leaves his two best wins, B-Hop which was an extremely close fight that could've gone either way, and Kessler a guy who Ward dismantled at age 26 in his first step up in competition ever.

Joe's so called "work rate" is nothing more than wild punches that look like they land, when in reality he misses 10 and lands 3.

Ward would totally neutralize his offense.

Comment

I agreed with Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                Lol Lacy was never good, even a guy like Bute showed 1000x more skill than him. Lacy was getting hyped up beating up guys like Reid, Pemberton, and Sheika.

That leaves his two best wins, B-Hop which was an extremely close fight that could've gone either way, and Kessler a guy who Ward dismantled at age 26 in his first step up in competition ever.

Joe's so called "work rate" is nothing more than wild punches that look like they land, when in reality he misses 10 and lands 3.

Ward would totally neutralize his offense.
                we will really never know neither would we know what a prime Tyson v Ali,Leonard v Robinson or Leonard v Mayweather we all need to make our own judgement - but regarding Hopkins v Calzaghe I say again if the fight is as close as some fans are making out Calzaghe would not get the nod in the States but I had Joe winning the fight by 3 rounds - please feel free to disagree but please don't tell me Froch beats Calaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
                  Not all Brit fans - Froch fans are dillusional he is not World Class Joe would of owned him just like Ward did - even an injured Kessler beat him.

Froch isn't world class?

Comment

Ward would counter Calzaghe and smother him on the inside. Ward has already fought way better opposition than Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                      Joe had heavy hands against tomatocans, cab driver and Eubanl, early in his career, not late. He would never ko ward.
                      read at the bottom , i said it would go 12 rounds!!

Comment

Working...
                      X