Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lee Purdy Warns: If I Connect, Alexander is Going Down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

devon alexander and j'eon love are the same person. i'm 98 percent sure.

Comment

D-Mize speaks the truth......

.......Lee's tough, brave and can whack a fair bit but even his toughness and hitting power are domestic grade bullets rather than world class Semtex.

This could be Pavlik v Lockett repackaged for 2013 - a decent British-level fighter blown clean out of the water by an elite American champion who needs to fire off a few shells before finding some bigger battleships to sink.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodyshot3 View Post
        D-Mize speaks the truth......

.......Lee's tough, brave and can whack a fair bit but even his toughness and hitting power are domestic grade bullets rather than world class Semtex.

This could be Pavlik v Lockett repackaged for 2013 - a decent British-level fighter blown clean out of the water by an elite American champion who needs to fire off a few shells before finding some bigger battleships to sink.
        Please elite? Devon is no where near elite

Comment

Originally posted by Pr23 View Post
          Please elite? Devon is no where near elite
          I hope Purdy does it

Comment

Something tells me Purdy may give Alexander some problems, Alexander is just not getting better as a fighter and his in ring IQ is extremely low, that man will do the same **** for 12 Rounds it is fukin frustrating to watch because he has speed, he does have footwork but the long the fight goes the more he clinches and he is not even clinching to fight inside he just clinches for the ref to break

Also lacks punching accuracy, he throws punches but they always seem to fall short especially his jab...but we shall see if it will be any improvement, I won't hold my breath though, if he has to clinch his way to the scorecard against Purdy that would be PATHETIC!

Comment

@Pr23.

By elite I mean someone who has variously held the IBF and WBC world title belts and beaten other champions of reasonable repute like Witter, Urango, the rated Matthyse and Maidana in arguably the most competitive division in professional boxing at the moment.

I did not use the word great - because Devon is not - but he operates successfully at an elite level and has lost only once against an elite opponent; Tim Bradley.

I would like Purdy to do well (and as a Brit boxing fan I'd be delighted if he produces a sensation) but Alexander is part of boxing's elite, upper echeleon of fighters and Lee is a domestic-level champion (who has sometimes struggled at this level) and he is taking a massive step up in class.

Alexander would be my tip to beat Khan and Brook and they are well Lee in terms of ability and experience.

Comment

As Purdy is from my town and even our first British title winner, it would be incredible if he could pull off an upset.

Alexander should have far too class though. Purdy has no business fighting at that level but I just hope he produces the fight of his life and at least gives Alexander a few problems.

Comment

Props to Purdy for even getting to world title level.

I agree with Demise - he is probably the the 4th or 5th best Brit is his weight class. He has strung some decent wins together after getting humbled by a very long in the tooth Colin Lynes.

He is quite big at the weight though so I expect him to be quite durable and for Devon to win every round.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Something tells me Purdy may give Alexander some problems, Alexander is just not getting better as a fighter and his in ring IQ is extremely low, that man will do the same **** for 12 Rounds it is fukin frustrating to watch because he has speed, he does have footwork but the long the fight goes the more he clinches and he is not even clinching to fight inside he just clinches for the ref to break

Also lacks punching accuracy, he throws punches but they always seem to fall short especially his jab...but we shall see if it will be any improvement, I won't hold my breath though, if he has to clinch his way to the scorecard against Purdy that would be PATHETIC!
                    Please, he sure looked improved against Maidana and he was smart enough not to trade with Bailey and fight at a distance unlike others.

Comment

He's no Honeyghan, but then again Alexander is no Curry.

But Alexander will have absolutely no problems keeping Purdy at arms length. Think Purdy will get pulled out around the 9th.

Plus that Lynes fight seems like yesterday. Purdy can be exciting, but only if he's not being outclassed, which will be the case against Alexander.

Comment

Working...
                      X