Comments Thread For: Lee Purdy Warns: If I Connect, Alexander is Going Down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taansend View Post
    Purdy is going to knock him out
    I will bet you 1 Billion of my points to 250 million of yours on that.

Comment

Alexander's a tough dude. He won't get stopped by one shot.

Comment

They have the same number of KO's in almost the same number of fights, yet one is supposed to be a puncher and the other isn't.......

Purdy is out his depth here.

Comment

Alexander has a pretty good chin and has only suffered a flash knockdown against Lucas Matthysse in his whole career.

Comment

Could this be one of those fights where people are underestimating the opponent (Purdy) but he ends up losing (controversially) or making Alexander look bad?

Something like what Ruslan did to Bradley.

Anyone?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Mayweather vs. Gatti 2

Poor ole Pudy is in for for a 1st class ass whooping! Period.
              Mayweather vs. Gatti all over again in the same city.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                Could this be one of those fights where people are underestimating the opponent (Purdy) but he ends up losing (controversially) or making Alexander look bad?

Something like what Ruslan did to Bradley.

Anyone?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                Won't happen. Alexander had that happen with Kotelnik. Can't see that happening again.

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles 2.0 View Post
                  Won't happen. Alexander had that happen with Kotelnik. Can't see that happening again.
                  Kotelnik straight whooped Alexander's ass. Not the same thing.

Comment

Purdy got schooled and dropped by old man Colin Lynes, same will happen.

Comment

Purdy is probably the 5th best welter in this country, now I don't know how well that translates to you Yanks, as you probably have someone like Guerrero as your fifth rated - but it's not good at all.

He was soundly beaten by a shot-to-shit Colin Lynes (who then went to lose against an even shotter Junior Witter). He's a come forward, face first brawler who will not take a backwards step. He doesn't have the footwork or technical proficiency to combine with his aggression to make Alexander feel uncomfortable. Instead, I can see him marching forward falling into traps set by Alexander and being thoroughly out-boxed.

Purdy can be hurt too, watch for Alexander to box at the start until he feels comfortable and will probably trade, stopping Purdy just before the championship rounds. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it didn't go past the 6th but Alexander's far too tentative.

Comment

Working...
                      X