No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko-Povetkin: Tyson and Holyfield Are Expected

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
    That's what it is. I just do see it like they do. I see it as a sheep being thrown into the lion's den.
    I hear what you're saying, most people expect Wlad to win and they're pouring in ton of money to what seems like just to have their fighter lose. But it's now or never for Povetkin, when he turned pro...a fight with Wlad was inevitable. If he doesn't fight him he's missing out on a career pay day, win or lose. and with that being said he has the skills more so then any other HW at the moment to trouble Wlad. Especially in the HW division, it only takes 1 punch..... IF Alex was to win, that would be a huge victory. Huge.

But boxing aspect aside... You gotta remember, Hryunov is a rich, rich man... And you can also just look at this as a bunch of Russian billionaires having a good night out with friends/ladies... Watching a HW championship fight, win or lose it's going to be fun to watch such a big fight and not only is their fighter getting a career pay day... But. All these man are watching this fight with the small possibility that their Fighter, A Russian Olympic gold medalist, could make for the upset of the decade in the division and go home the HW champion. Hell even a brave performance where he makes it interesting and shows heart will make him a national hero (maybe not that extreme, but you get what I'm saying)

I see how you see it as a sheep being thrown into a lions den, but I think for everyone this is a win-win. Promoters, fans and Povetkin. Win or lose. IMO. (Assuming neither fighter suffer serious, long term injuries , health issues of course)
    Last edited by King_; 05-15-2013, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
      I hear what you're saying, most people expect Wlad to win and they're pouring in ton of money to what seems like just to have their fighter lose. But it's now or never for Povetkin, when he turned pro...a fight with Wlad was inevitable. If he doesn't fight him he's missing out on a career pay day, win or lose. and with that being said he has the skills more so then any other HW at the moment to trouble Wlad. Especially in the HW division, it only takes 1 punch..... IF Alex was to win, that would be a huge victory. Huge.

But boxing aspect aside... You gotta remember, Hryunov is a rich, rich man... And you can also just look at this as a bunch of Russian billionaires having a good night out with friends/ladies... Watching a HW championship fight, win or lose it's going to be fun to watch such a big fight and not only is their fighter getting a career pay day... But. All these man are watching this fight with the small possibility that their Fighter, A Russian Olympic gold medalist, could make for the upset of the decade in the division and go home the HW champion. Hell even a brave performance where he makes it interesting and shows heart will make him a national hero (maybe not that extreme, but you get what I'm saying)

I see how you see it as a sheep being thrown into a lions den, but I think for everyone this is a win-win. Promoters, fans and Povetkin. Win or lose. IMO. (Assuming neither fighter suffer serious, long term injuries , health issues of course)
      Good post! You are right about that.

Comment

Very excited for this whole event though. I hope the undercard is good with meaningful fights as well.

Comment

Translation: Tyson will be paid off to sit ringside

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
            Translation: Tyson will be paid off to sit ringside
            I'd expect he'll make a short appearance in the ring.

Comment

Good. Tyson said he tries to distance himself from Boxing nowadays.

Comment

Is there any pundit who actually rates Povetkin and thinks that he stands a chance here?

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                  Why would the Russians want to make such a big deal about an event where the Russian fighter is going to get KTFO? BTW, I know Wlads father is Russian.
                  Where did you get the info that Wlads dad is Russian?

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
                    Where did you get the info that Wlads dad is Russian?
                    Funny how his Dad's first and last name are Ukrainian.

Comment

Wlad and his team better check where their Water bottles are coming from.

Comment

Working...
                      X