No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Purdy Warns Alexander: I'll Be Dangerous For Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Purdy Warns Alexander: I'll Be Dangerous For Twelve

Lee Purdy is ready to make his mark in the welterweight division ahead of his world title bout with Devon Alexander in Atlantic City's infamous Boardwalk Hall on Saturday.

Purdy is being given next to no chance against the IBF's 147lb champion having come in as a late replacement for Matchroom Promotions stablemate Kell Brook, who had to postpone a long-awaited clash with the American for a third time after suffering a foot injury in training last month.

While Colchester fighter Purdy is ranked fourth in the IBF rankings, he has a rather modest record of 20 victories, three losses and one draw as well as barely any amateur pedigree.

He has won his last four fights by knockout since losing a majority decision verdict to fellow Briton Colin Lynes in November 2011, but will need to produce one of the biggest upsets in recent years this weekend against Alexander, who also won two world titles in the light-welterweight division. [Click Here To Read More]

Would be hilarious to see Purdy beat Alexander but realistically, he has less than no chance.

He will be aggressive and give it his all but Alexander is different class and he get's outboxed all night probably a shut out.

I'd love to be wrong though.

Comment

Purdy has almost no hope but he had to take the shot. If he got beat by Lynes it was only a matter of time before he lost that high ranking, probably the only chance he'll ever get at a major title. And you never know, one good shot is all it takes and bigger upsets have happened so fingers crossed he get's Devon's borin ass outta there.

Comment

No you won't

Comment

This has Fight of the Year written all over it. I'm expecting a Gatti-Ward all action war. I've literally never been this excited for a fight in my life. I've requested Monday off from work since all of Sunday will not be enough time to rewatch the fight over and over, surely I'll need a extra day to soak it all up.

Comment

give him the ol' bark and move.

alexander got this.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              This has Fight of the Year written all over it. I'm expecting a Gatti-Ward all action war. I've literally never been this excited for a fight in my life. I've requested Monday off from work since all of Sunday will not be enough time to rewatch the fight over and over, surely I'll need a extra day to soak it all up.
              Is this the main event?

Would be comical if Matthysee-Peterson was the undercard to this.

Comment

That's the spirit

Comment

Originally posted by Silky_Smooth View Post
                  No you won't
                  That's right. Purdy will knock him out well before the 12th

Comment

I think Alexander is a good fighter no matter what some say. Would have loved to see him beat Brook but oh well.

Comment

Working...
                    X