Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So after having a go at Manny for draining Floyd does this and floooooomos follow Like sheep. Such hypocrites

Comment

• Yawn...

Ill make sure to bookmark this thread and bump after Floyd whoops Sal's ass at 154 and becomes lineal champ in his 4th weight class.

Comment

• I'm very proud of Floyd. He is wising up and drawing a hard line in the sand. If Team Canelo really wants to make this fight happen then they should do it on Mayweather's terms. After all, he is the cash cow and the top draw in the sport. As I can recall, when Money challenged De La Hoya back in 2007, he made all of the concessions to him. He took less money, fought the naturally heavier and stronger De La Hoya at the higher weight class of (154 lbs), where his hands and feet were a lot slower due to fighting at a heavier weight of 150 lbs and with the heavier 10 oz gloves. This is not to even mention that Oscar outweighed him by at least 20 lbs as he was a Light heavyweight on the night of the fight. Because of these disadvantages, Mayweather got hit more than usual against Oscar and absorbed a lot of punishment in the process; Just as he did in the Cotto fight due to the weight discrepancy and also to the fact that Mayweather's legs were a lot heavier and slower at 154, so he couldn't use the ring as he normally does, thereby making him a more stationary target. The bottom line, Money has no business fighting at the Jr. Middleweight division unless he has outgrown the Welterweight division. Matching Canelo with Floyd in the first place was a bad idea to begin with because they are not the same size. Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Has nothing to prove against Saul Alvarez and if I'm Team Mayweather, I wouldn't so much as cede an inch to him. Let him fight Cotto, Lara, Angulo or some other Jr. Middleweight.
        Last edited by champion4ever; 05-12-2013, 04:40 AM.

Comment

• Canelo should just try and forget about Floyd and get himself into an even stronger position for Mayweather to make his biggest ever pay day in boxing.

I'd like to see him unify the rest of the division.

Beat Baysangurov or Andrade if he wins, beat Ishe Smith and then see if Mayweather relinquishes the WBA belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
            You must be joking because you guys keep on bringing up the CWs!!! Now that its Floyd, you guys say "IT's NOT FAIR" Even though Floyd has currently a title at 154 and has 2 fights at 154 and considered #1 P4P.

When Manny did those CW, he was just entering the divisions and held no title there.

Please read my post history or even my current post....i call out any CW i don't believe is fair. Floyd has faced ODLH and Cotto at 154, therefore he shouldn't impose any CW on a 54 pounder. It's different if perhaps he wanted to fight a 60 pounder and they met half way at 54.

What i am pointing out is the hypocrisy of the posters on here criticising this when they were gumming Pac's knob for doing the same. Ditto to any Floyd fans who would defend a CW.

It's fine if Floyd says he doesn't want to fight at 54 anymore and will exclusively campaign at 47. It's not fine to say that, but at the same time say you want to fight Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
              Please read my post history or even my current post....i call out any CW i don't believe is fair. Floyd has faced ODLH and Cotto at 154, therefore he shouldn't impose any CW on a 54 pounder. It's different if perhaps he wanted to fight a 60 pounder and they met half way at 54.

What i am pointing out is the hypocrisy of the posters on here criticising this when they were gumming Pac's knob for doing the same. Ditto to any Floyd fans who would defend a CW.

It's fine if Floyd says he doesn't want to fight at 54 anymore and will exclusively campaign at 47. It's not fine to say that, but at the same time say you want to fight Canelo.
              Pac never did the same. He's only asked for CWs moving up in weight, beyond his 6th weightclass in fact, unmatched. Floyd is doing it as current SWW champ, and asking for a full division drop.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Pac never did the same. He's only asked for CWs moving up in weight, beyond his 6th weightclass in fact, unmatched. Floyd is doing it as current SWW champ, and asking for a full division drop.
                So says Canelos trainer, but what exactly did Mayweathers trainer have to say...

"I don't think he'll be a problem for Floyd. The weight don't matter [with the fight taking place at 154]....skill wins fight, [not size]. From what I saw of him, I don't see nothing [that impresses me]. The punches that he hit [Trout with], he won't hit Floyd with those punches. If Floyd moves [around the ring] and just touches him, he won't be able to keep up with him. What can he do? I don't see nothing he could do to Floyd," Mayweather Sr. said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=596635

If your too stupid to see this is a smoke screen which will result in a Canelo/Cotto fight, then I suggest you start following another sport because your obviously lost in the sauce.

Mayweather/Canelo Sept 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by The Raw Dog View Post
                  So says Canelos trainer, but what exactly did Mayweathers trainer have to say...

"I don't think he'll be a problem for Floyd. The weight don't matter [with the fight taking place at 154]....skill wins fight, [not size]. From what I saw of him, I don't see nothing [that impresses me]. The punches that he hit [Trout with], he won't hit Floyd with those punches. If Floyd moves [around the ring] and just touches him, he won't be able to keep up with him. What can he do? I don't see nothing he could do to Floyd," Mayweather Sr. said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=596635

If your too stupid to see this is a smoke screen which will result in a Canelo/Cotto fight, then I suggest you start following another sport because your obviously lost in the sauce.

Mayweather/Canelo Sept 2014
                  Why a smoke screen, Floyd has first dibs? And what's gonna change in 2014, Canelo will grown down to welter?

Comment

• Pathetic ... Canelo would be a fool to drain himself to 147 - he's the true 154 champ and it looks like floyd knows it.. If Huck wants to fight wlad and claim he beat the heavyweight champion does he demand wlad move down to cruiserweight for the fight????

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      Why a smoke screen, Floyd has first dibs? And what's gonna change in 2014, Canelo will grown down to welter?
                      Floyd doesn't need Sal, Sal needs Floyd. How do you not understand that part of the equation?

Floyd can easily fight someone like Khan in England, sell out a Soccer Stadium, go platnium with the PPV, while defending his WBC 147 pound crown ( You do realize he is the top dog at 147), and still make at ****load of money at the weight he's most comfortable at...if he chooses.

So what exactly is Sal bringing to the table, Floyd doesn't already have right now?
                      Last edited by The Raw Dog; 05-12-2013, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X