No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
    OK, I gave Floyd the benefit of the doubt with the Manny situation, just because they were both kinda on BS, but even then, Manny did go out of his way to get past all that past drama, and make the fight.

But this is just the straw that breaks the camel's back. Notice how there's always 1 common denominator in all of these duck moves??? FLOYD.........
    duck moves?

it's called negotiations....

grown man ****.

Comment

The funny thing is, the catch weight would have been acceptable. Catch weights have been around for a long time and for this very reason. To bring two fighters in different weight classes to a point where it's fair. Mayweather is not a big 154lber but he is still champ there and should defend against other guys at 154, accept the catch weight and stop trying to drain the kid down.

We all know Floyd's next two fights are Danny Garcia and Amir Kahn anyway so just forget about this fight. History dictates that Canelo does not fit into Floyds plan on choosing opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by EzzardCharles View Post
        canelo's not the bank in this fight.... it's floyd....

he want's floyd.... so then fight floyd on floyd's terms.... don't try and piggie bank off his name.....

floyd comes in at 150lbs on the night of a 'superwelterweight' fight..... and canelo comes in at 168lbs.....

so all the advantages are for canelo.... canelo would still weigh 10lbs more than floyd if they fought at welterweight....
        But what about Cotto? He said he'll fight Cotto at his "comfortable" weight, just to prove a point.

I thought the only advantage Canelo had was size, since you guys kept saying Canelo doesn't have what it takes to beat Floyd.

How does he have "all" the advantages now? Why, because the fight as in the process of happening, but Floyd refused, so all of a sudden all the advantages are in Canelo's favor?

WTF!?

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
          I can guarantee you Floyd will never fight Canelo. I'd put my account on this.
          Floyd wouldn't have a leg to stand on, he has 5 fights left, so think again. Again, it's time to promote the whole Mayweather is scared of Canelo, I already know how that stories gonna end.

Comment

"When I fight Cotto, I want him to be at his healthy, comfortably weight."

"When I fight Canelo, I want him to be drained and fight at a weightclass he doesn't fight at."

Comment

Originally posted by swagswag View Post
              Even at 154 pounds, Mayweather beats Alvarez.
              Apparently Mayweather does not agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                Floyd gave into all of Oscar's demands to make that fight happen.

He's giving Canelo the same treatment.
                How come he didn't drain Cotto to 147lb? Oh right because Cotto wasn't a threat.

Comment

Canelo called out Floyd, so he needs to fight at Floyd's weight. If not, why doesn't Canelo move up to middle weight.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                    I'll be waiting to see how Floyd's minions defend this one.

Trying to drain Canelo down to 147? SMFH. Wow, 154 champ huh
                    If canelo wants to fight Floyd than come meet him at his weight! If not he has plenty other people licking his lips to fight him: GGG, Lara, Kirkland, Quilin, Thurman... Your a hater so what you say doesn't matter anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                      And heres the first one!^^^
                      Floyd calls the shots. It's that simple.
                      Canelo can move up and fight Ward. He weighed 172 against Trout

Comment

Working...
                      X