No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
    Pac asks for a Catchweight. Floyd claims he would never do that. Floyd fans scream bloody murder at Pac asking for a Catchweight. Floyd then asks for a Catchweight, despite his claims of never asking a fighter to lose wight. Floyd Fans agree with Floyd and have no issue with his asking for a Catchweight. See the blatant Hypocrisy???????
    You're understating it. Pac only asked for CWs going up in weight, and didn't do so until his 7th division, 2lbs. Floyd is supposedly a legit 2x and current champ in his 5th division, and he wants to drag the guy a whole division.

But yeah, nothing special about Canelo, just one of many non zero risk guys Floyd has avoided. The special part is that he just exposed the Rehydration Crew as total, long term hypocrites.

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
      i agree with the sentiments in this thread. if he wants to fight Canelo he should go to 54 to do so.

However i'd like to point out that 95% of the posters in here weren't this voracious in attacking MP for not fighting Cotto at 47 or Margo at 54, in fact many of you now attacking this move were defending Manny. So what gives? Is it that Mayweather is just that much better than Manny that we should hold him to a higher standard?

i think the answer is yes

Everyone holds Floyd to the highest standard because he is the BEST. Comes with the territory

Anyway let's see what happens.
      You must be joking because you guys keep on bringing up the CWs!!! Now that its Floyd, you guys say "IT's NOT FAIR" Even though Floyd has currently a title at 154 and has 2 fights at 154 and considered #1 P4P.

When Manny did those CW, he was just entering the divisions and held no title there.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
        Fkn Mayweather can beat Canelo. I can't believe he's strait out ducking him like this. Apparently he must not think he can beat Canelo at 154.
        That doesn't follow. He's already shown he'll skip on fights he'd probably win, but not 10 times out of 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
          How many of those were actual WWs?
          Showtime even brought this up last week during the fight. Floyd has fought at 147/154 like forever compared to his opponents that just moved up. That gives Floyd a big advantage ... to bad Floyd fans can't see this UNLESS it affects their hero Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            That doesn't follow. He's already shown he'll skip on fights he'd probably win, but not 10 times out of 10
            Only time will tell, but its not looking good right now. Canelo would be the perfect opponent for Sept. Canelo is undefeated right now, if he loses before they fight some time down the road, that may take a lot away from the fight. Mayweather should fight him now before he gets any older and before Canelo gains any more experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
              Showtime even brought this up last week during the fight. Floyd has fought at 147/154 like forever compared to his opponents that just moved up. That gives Floyd a big advantage ... to bad Floyd fans can't see this UNLESS it affects their hero Floyd.
              Thanks. I mean, it's common sense but his delusional fans fail to acknowledge this..

Comment

Dude your premise is way off. If anyone is saying they're the same size, it's flo mos. Floyd sure doesn't agree, he calls him midget. Besides, Pac only asked for weight stips moving up, and not until his 7th weight class, and even then 2lbs. he sure as hell didn't ask a guy to drop a whole weight class as current champ in the division above, GTFO
                Is this a weight stipulation, am I missing something?

Comment

In both cases the bookies called it to a tee. You were totally 100% wrong on both, and you insist they don't know ****
                  Yea because most people base their predictions on hype. Specially as far as Floyd goes. I base my prediction on the Cotto fight. The Floyd who fought Cotto is completely different from the Floyd who fought Ghost. The Floyd who fought Cotto would get dominated by Ghost. He is too big, and waay faster than Cotto who is short and slow. Little did I know Floyd was going to use phenomenal footwork like he did against all his taller opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                    Yea because most people base their predictions on hype. Specially as far as Floyd goes. I base my prediction on the Cotto fight. The Floyd who fought Cotto is completely different from the Floyd who fought Ghost. The Floyd who fought Cotto would get dominated by Ghost. He is too big, and waay faster than Cotto who is short and slow. Little did I know Floyd was going to use phenomenal footwork like he did against all his taller opponents.
                    And Cotto would probably bet Guerrero easy, See Aydin fight for evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrTruth View Post
                      Is this a weight stipulation, am I missing something?
                      This is current 154 champ demanding another 154 champ drop down a whole division. Not a weight stipulation? If true of course, we should know soon enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X