No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
    Thats on dawson. Hes a grown man, the circumstances dictated that ward was coming off a murderers row in his division and defeated all comers, Dawson was in no position to demand anything, what bizarro world do we live in? Ward didint put a gun to his head and make him sign the contract, he chose to do that.
    That pure b.s. man. If Chad wanted to get that big payday, Ward DEMANDED he drop down to his weight. WTF do you think that means anyway? Fighters dance for big paydays, unless you haven't noticed. Yeah, Dawson made a ****** mistake, but if he wanted to fight Ward and get that big paycheck, he HAD to do what Ward DEMANDED.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
      how is floyd the draw? honestly go outside and ask 50 people if they know floyd or if hes even entertaining. now go to any hispanic and ask him if he knows who canelo is.
      lmao at the idea that somehow people would know who canelo is but not mayweather, especially if they watch boxing, come on man. EVERYONE knows who he is at this point.

if this was 2006 youd have a point, but today? dont be ******

Comment

• Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
        how is floyd the draw? honestly go outside and ask 50 people if they know floyd or if hes even entertaining. now go to any hispanic and ask him if he knows who canelo is.
        Lol "go outside and ask a HISPANIC and ask him if he knows Canello", what would that prove?? Of course he's supported by the HISPANIC community. I mean that's a no-brainer.

Comment

• All I'm saying is be consistent.

If you said Mayweather and Pac were the same size, then there's no reason whatsoever for you to have been against Manny fighting Martinez at 154; same for Mayweather.

That said, Mayweather should fight Canelo at 154.

Everyone else who said the former 154 lb champ (i.e. Pac) shouldn't have fought Martinez at 154, but says Mayweather should fight Canelo at 154, although I agree, needs to shut the fcuk up.

You're clearly biased.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_L View Post
            canelo is also floyd's best option and floyd knows he can't make 147. stop making excuses for him.
            stop getting angry and pay attention to what i am saying,you may feel canelo is his best option but to floyd he is not his only option and the point i was trying to make is that floyd fought those fighters at 154 because he wanted to fight those fighters canelo is the one in this situation who wants mayweather

Comment

• Floyd is again using his excuses to duck another fighter that he knows will give him a run for his money...I can't believe how some people still believe this guy is legit p4p king. Mayweather is the biggest phony, I still recall him saying " I fight them at their weight, want them to feel comfortable"....selective memory perhaps ??

Comment

• Originally posted by TBOGGS78 View Post
                When did he fight at a catchweight? Or make someone come DOWN to fight him?
                2009 in the first instance and September 2013 is being requested by him in the second.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBOGGS78 View Post
                  When did he fight at a catchweight? Or make someone come DOWN to fight him?
                  He made JMM come UP from 135 (where he had like 1 fight or something) to 144.....Floyd proceeded to come in at 146.

Comment

• I keep hearing how Canelo is only gonna get better, at 154 is his stamina gonna improve suddenly? How long is he gonna be able to comfortably make the weight? Those are things people aren't looking at. Waiting this fight won't benefit Canelo anymore than it would Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                      All I'm saying is be consistent.

If you said Mayweather and Pac were the same size, then there's no reason whatsoever for you to have been against Manny fighting Martinez at 154; same for Mayweather.

That said, Mayweather should fight Canelo at 154.

Everyone else who said the former 154 lb champ (i.e. Pac) shouldn't have fought Martinez at 154, but says Mayweather should fight Canelo at 154, although I agree, needs to shut the fcuk up.

You're clearly biased.
                      Then why is Floyd hugging his belt? Strip him then.

Comment

Working...
                      X