No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
    Bro u have 20 posts in this thread and are in every Floyd thread bashing him. It's time to stop posting
    He's a racist. His avy is dedicated to Broner. His sig is dedicated to Floyd. ALL his posts are about Floyd and Broner. All he does is hate on African American fighters. He is a bigot and should be treated as such. Pathetic waste of life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starz20 View Post
      I could be wrong but when Floyd fought Oscar in 2007 I believe Oscar called all the shots! The weight 154, glove size, ring size, everything. Oscar was the man and the cash cow so Floyd had to respect that if he wanted to fight him.

Now Canelo and his team want Floyd they should respect that he is the cash cow and will call the shots. When Canelo just fought Trout, Canelo made sure that he had a rematch if he loss and it was in Texas, but Trout did not get that same agreement in his contract why? Because Canelo was the main draw!

It happens all the time Pac made Marquez and Bradley and now Rios come up to welterweight to fight him because Pac is the main draw it happens all the time. Dawson came down from 175 to 168 to face Ward because Ward is the man. If Floyd doesn't want to fight a guy who just weighed roughly 172 his last fight than he doesn't have to.

At the end of the day that is the only advantage Canelo has over Floyd is size, if that gets taking away Canelo would get beat a lot worse than what Robert did. He is a patient fighter who takes a lot of breaks and seemed to have some stamina issues his last fight.

172 is 3 pounds away from light heavyweight... He could fight Chad Dawson and not really be outweighed that much on fight night.

When somebody comes up with better logic then this then y'all can talk all the **** y'all want till then tell canelo come down or go fight Andre ward with his light heavy weight ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
        He'll be a mexican prodigy long after Floyd goes away for good. He really doesn't need Floyd, he just wants to be the one to take his 0 away. He has all the tools and backing to be a PPV star for the next 10 years, Floyd will be gone hopefully at the end of 2014 or so and leave the void for Ginger to take over.

The mantra use to be that skills pay the bills for Floyd, but I suppose that only applies when he's the 8-1 favorite
        Possibly. But the payday is still a big reason why he and everybody else wants to fight Mayweather.

If it was about taking 0's and beating the best fighters would be anxious to move up and face Andre Ward.

Comment

• Originally posted by EzzardCharles View Post
          odds mean nothing.... odds are dictated by where bets are placed....

the favorite is created as a result of perception.... get it?

this is boxing... you could lose in the blink of an eye.... then all of a sudden, the odds got out of the window...
          They're placed by professional odds-makers with generally more boxing and sport knowledge than some random dude on a forum. There are guys who's entire careers and livelihood are determined by scouting and correctly placing the odds. I mean what do you think is going on here

They're just no randomly picking a number out of thin air. This is carefully scouted and expertly decided. This is perhaps the strangest comments I've read all day, and I've read some sh.it today

Comment

• Originally posted by swagswag View Post
            I bet there was a suggested catchweight. Most likely at 150.5 pounds and team Cinnamon Bun rejected the offer. It is an opportunity that he should take if he ever wants to have a chance at fighting the champ. Even at 154 pounds, Mayweather beats Alvarez.
            DIRECTLY FROM THE ARTICLE: "They did propose the idea of having a catch-weight, which Mayweather rejected."

Gee, wadda ya suppose that MEANS anyway? HA!

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              Bro u have 20 posts in this thread and are in every Floyd thread bashing him. It's time to stop posting
              I'm not bashing him, I'm laughing at you. Crying about it isnt a good look, Grubby Hanz.

Comment

• If you tell me that you don't do catch weights and fight fighters where they are comfortable..........then whats the problem? Fight at 154

Comment

• Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
                  Didn't Canelo's team NOT get what they wanted the first time around, because of all the demands and so on?

Being quiet would be the best thing to do at the moment...I doubt if anything's even being discussed yet.

I understand the idea of building the hype, but dont talk yourself out of anything in the process.
                  all the demands? all they demanded was a fight. now they tried to make the fight and floyd ran like a coward so they are going public to expose him. we really can't have this coward as the face of boxing. oscar wasn't the best but at least he fought the best. floyd makes soccer look tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    Yes. That's why he's been on his nutsack for the past 2 years.
                    Let me know about that after he does tremendous numbers in his first PPV. Considering Floyd has a title at 154, I don't think Canelo is doing anything wrong by wanting a fight. Canelo walked away from Floyd once, it looks like it's happening again. The press will just continue to hound him about it like they did with Pac and all the while, Canelo gains leverage.

Dude has had that LMW title for over a year with no defense.

Comment

• that's right...Floyd "duckee" Mayweather did say that !!! I guess he forgot he said that Lol....selective memory ??

Comment

Working...
                      X