Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i thought weight doesn't win fights? i thought floyd would never try to drain a fighter? what's goin on here floyd?

Comment

• Originally posted by EzzardCharles View Post
      people said floyd ducked corey spinks..... remember that?

and he ducked shane mosley aswell....

just get a ticket and getchurass in line.... cos you can all get it....

patience is a virtue.... canelo needs to learn that throwing your toys out of the pram ain't gonna getchu that golden ticket any time sooner....

that's what he did when he pulled himself off of floyd's may 5th card....

so now it's time to learn.... you march to the beat of floyd's drum.
      You really think Canelo is the one needing Floyd? He is gonna fight Cotto and stop him while probably doing better numbers than May did with Cotto.

Floyd is getting 32 million a fight from Showtime.....you think they are going to keep losing money on Floyd fights? Like I said before, he'll get another shot but this one will be his last before Showtime starts to force his hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        Floyd doesn't do catchweights. I guess he fights at 154 but institutes some sort of weight restriction so Canelo doesn't come in 175 on fight night.

Comment

• yup, and people still think he's invincible..hhahahaha what a joke

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
            So Floyd saying no is not an option rather than a catchweight if Canelo is too big???? What happened to Floyd's statement about how he did not want to drain a fighter and is not that type of guy???
            De La Hoya didn't offer Floyd a catchweight.

This is payback for what Oscar did to Floyd in 2007. It's childish and I don't agree with it, but it's what's going on.

With that said, he can still dictate the terms (choose Canelo's gloves, larger ring, offer a catchweight, etc.) by still making the fight possible.

Comment

• Lmbo. Now, they made Lopez go up two weight classes to fight but they can't come down one weight class. They been fight small guys, are they serious? Enough said, they could have kept that. What about the disadvantages they had on lovemore, Cotto little brother, Lopez etc?

Comment

• Remember when Floyd fought cotto he was screaming at everyone to look at him he's not like pacquiao and needs a catchweight to fight cotto. He was telling everyone when he fights guys he fights them at the weight where they are comfortable at. Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
                  Ok no more sarcasm.....This is a real post.

If this is true about Floyd wanting Canelo to come to 147 and also rejecting a catch weight, then Floyd is ducking.

If I was Canelo, I would agree to 147 and then come in at 154 anyway at the weigh in.
                  Like Floyd did Marquez.

Just pay whatever fine because Canelo would make atleast 5-10million.
                  Karma is a b-tch
                  no such thing as ducking...

plus the wbc would be doing there weigh ins and check points... so if canelo was 10lbs over on the last weigh before the fight.... the potential for cancellation would be known way earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    You really think Canelo is the one needing Floyd? He is gonna fight Cotto and stop him while probably doing better numbers than May did with Cotto.

Floyd is getting 32 million a fight from Showtime.....you think they are going to keep losing money on Floyd fights? Like I said before, he'll get another shot but this one will be his last before Showtime starts to force his hand.
                    Yes. That's why he's been on his nutsack for the past 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
                      The only problem is that promoters will never allow same day weigh in because of the potential cancellation. What happens if Canelo comes in at 158 on the day of the fight and refuses to lose weight?
                      Fight would probably still happen but at least he wouldn't be walking into the ring at 172 fukin pounds for what is suppose to be a Light Middleweight Fight

I think Same Day Weigh In IS Fair! And better then a BS catch weight fight!
                      Last edited by sicko; 05-11-2013, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X