No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
    Announce? I doubt it gets that far unless Floyd backs off of his position on Canelo coming in at 147. I have no issue with a limit on what Canelo can come into the ring at but he has already done something he accused Pac of.
    But Team Mayweather or GBP have spoken nothing on this. We just have one side to the story. And its preliminary negotiations. A lot can be worked out between now and the end of the month.

What if the stance is to demand a lower weight initially so that they can gain leverage and work out a better deal financially? We just don't have enough information yet.

Comment

• "I only fight guys at their best weight" I don't drain my opponents. LOL he's right about the "I don't do no catchweights" though. haaha

Comment

• Biggest fraud in boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
          But Team Mayweather or GBP have spoken nothing on this. We just have one side to the story. And its preliminary negotiations. A lot can be worked out between now and the end of the month. What if the stance is to demand a lower weight initially so that they can gain leverage and work out a better deal financially? We just don't have enough information yet.
          Do you honestly think Team Mayweather is going to come out and say "Oh, we know Floyd ATTACKED Pac for asking Cotto to come down but....but...but please forgive is, we are trying to do the same thing!"? Just Floyd ASKING Canelo to come down is PURE Hipocrisy. Floyd was probably torn between his own words, his request, and if the public would find out and went with his demand anyway simply because he felt justified.
          Last edited by richardt; 05-13-2013, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• lmao during the lead up to the cotto fight didn't floyd boast about how he doesn't drain his opponents and wants to fight them at their best weight??? truth is canelo couldn't even make the catchweight limit against matthew hatton (150lbs) .. and now floyd is asking him to come down to 147?? draining him down 7 lbs? lol...

oscar was good enough to fight at 154..and cotto was good enough to fight at 154..BUT canelo isn't?? could this be another duck by floyd?? me thinks so...

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
              Announce? I doubt it gets that far unless Floyd backs off of his position on Canelo coming in at 147. I have no issue with a limit on what Canelo can come into the ring at but he has already done something he accused Pac of. And as for the Canelo altercation, it neither supports nor takes away from the current 147 weight stipulation by Floyd.
              man you are pretending on purpose. for what reason I can guess but can't confirm.

Manny fought at 145 and 151 and you are saying his asking Canelo to fight at 147, which isn't a CW, is the same thing. It isn't the same thing until it actually happens.

the street fight explanation goes to the credibility of the manager.

Comment

• Floyd is such a damn enigma......brilliant in the ring, a Genius really....but then all this crap he pulls outside the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                  lmao during the lead up to the cotto fight didn't floyd boast about how he doesn't drain his opponents and wants to fight them at their best weight??? truth is canelo couldn't even make the catchweight limit against matthew hatton (150lbs) .. and now floyd is asking him to come down to 147?? draining him down 7 lbs? lol...

oscar was good enough to fight at 154..and cotto was good enough to fight at 154..BUT canelo isn't?? could this be another duck by floyd?? me thinks so...
                  the other way to look at it (the rational way) is floyd/al are negotiating with Canelo and are asking for this to get Canelo to give up something else-probably money.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post

who comes up with all of this material?

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                      Its not November yet-go away.

Comment

Working...
                      X