No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mrpizza-nd_beer View Post
    See what I'm talking about? Floyd's never going to fight a live opponent. He made it clear when he came back he was going to challenge the weaker champions. In other words fool fans for their precious money fighting cherry picks.

He is not even Hall of Fame worthy because the cowardice just smears it. ****ing coward makes me puke.
    I love these kinds of posts, because all you have on your mind is Floyd, and it kills you that he is still undefeated lmfao

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Are you surprised? he dragged Marquez from 135 and Hatton up from 140, pretended to agree a catchweight for Marquez and refused a catchweight for Hatton.

Floyd doesn't care about his opponents being comfortable, why would he? that line was just an attempt to discredit Pacquiao's stoppage win over Cotto which to this day remains better than his.
      Pac got knocked the **** out, deal with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        You have the word from Canelo's manager, let's wait until we hear something concrete. There were rumblings about Floyd fighting Cotto at a different weight, which proved to be false.
        We have been thru this before ..... It will not matter with most of the Floyd fans.

Prior to Manny accepting Floyd's drug testing demands all I heard was "If Manny accepts and Floyd puts out another roadblock then Floyd fans will agree that Floyd is ducking". First were the rumors then confirmation from Floyd YET after about a week or two, almost all Floyd fans defended him.

Same when it was rumored about Floyd wanting "All PPV money". Once Floyd confirmed it, most Floyd fans went from wanting the confirmation to defending Floyd.

If Floyd states that "All I want is a fair fight and Canelo needs to weigh ??? for it to be a fair fight" ..... I see many Floyd fans saying "Floyd is right".

Floyd fans defended this statement from Floyd and still use it to defend him "... but Marquez was #2 P4P".

I'm not saying that Floyd will not fight at 154 but if he doesn't want to then I guarantee that many Floyd fans will defend that after a week or two of being on damage control.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
          Just curious, which of these is a decade?

2000-2010
          1990-2000
          1900-1910
          Williker Zoo!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            Are you surprised? he dragged Marquez from 135 and Hatton up from 140, pretended to agree a catchweight for Marquez and refused a catchweight for Hatton.

Floyd doesn't care about his opponents being comfortable, why would he? that line was just an attempt to discredit Pacquiao's stoppage win over Cotto which to this day remains better than his.
            Sorry but your beloved Ricky has no place in this debate. His team candidly stated they weren't ready to face Mayweather after his destruction of Gatti. They were happy to entertain comedy champ, Carlos Maussa and hugging matches against the likes of Collazo (at 147lbs) and Urango. Probably to make some money before the inevitable beating. If they wanted it 140lbs they should've struck while iron was hot.

You have a point with Marquez though.

Comment

• From a recent article. I'm sure Canelo fans will disagree with this though.

Showtime Vice President of Sports Stephen Espinoza feels confident that the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Saul “Canelo” Alvarez fight will take place on September 14th in Las Vegas, Nevada, as he says the negotiations between Mayweather and Canelo’s team are underway.

Espinoza said to AP “I think the biggest fight out there is Mayweather vs. Canelo. So far the negotiations are going well and I think everyone involved is working to make it happen.”

There’s no word about what weight the fight will take place at.
              Mayweather would likely want the fight to take place at 147 because if he agree to fight Canelo at his weight of 154, the weight differences between the two fighters could be as much as 25 to 30 pounds by the time they step inside the ring on September 24.

Mayweather came into his fight with Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero weighing 150 lbs. on May 4th of this month, while Canelo scaled in at 172 lbs. That’s 22 pounds difference in weight. Mayweather has tried fighting above 150 in the past and he’s not looked good carrying the weight.

Canelo fans see it as no problem for Mayweather to bulk up to 170 like Canelo, but Mayweather doesn’t have the frame to put on 20 pounds and the weight that he would put on would be a lot of fat and muscle that slows him down.

The only way this fight works is if Canelo moves down to 147 or they fight at 154 with a strict rehydration clause that will keep Canelo from coming in over 160 the night of the fight. Even 165 is too much because Mayweather had problems against Miguel Cotto last year in May when Cotto came into the fight weighing 165.

Canelo has to be kept at around 160 for the fight to be a possibility. That would still give Canelo a comfortable 10 pound weight advantage over Mayweather, and if that’s not enough of an advantage for Canelo then he needs to forget about fighting him and focus on having other welterweights come up to 154 to fight him.

Canelo should actually be fighting guys from his weight class or guys near his own weight. 172. There are many middleweights who don’t rehydrate that much, and here Canelo is fighting at 154 against welterweights. If Canelo can rehydrate to light heavyweight [175], then that’s not really fair for Mayweather or the welterweights.

Canelo is basically a middleweight that dehydrates down to 154 to fight at junior middleweight. Not sure how much longer he can this because taking off all that weight has got to be hard on his body, and he’s only 22. He needs to buckle down and fight in the weight class that goes with his body weight instead of draining down to fight much lighter guys.

Comment

• man i guess they dont even nearly think about a same day weigh in...somebody should hit them up...

Comment

• Does Floyd have the right to request 147 yes??? Because after all thats the only chance Canelo has at winning is weight advantage, and he knows that, so he does not want to give that advantage up.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    It doesn't matter man. The guy has a 154 pound belt that he hasn't defended in over a year. I don't care why he hasn't defended it or the fact that he wants to campaign at 147, he didn't drop the belt so he is obligated to face challenges for that belt from legit 154 pound fighters. Lara is his mandatory and furthermore, people need to quit blaming others or making up excuses for Canelo calling him out. If Floyd didn't have a belt, the story would be completely different but he does have a belt and him holding on to it is his own fault.
                    well obviously you care because you asked the quesstion in the post. I answered it logiacally and now you say you dont care.

If you dont defend your title in over a year and you aren't stripped thats the fighter's fault? yeah right. You really think the wba calls floyd and says "defend vs lara or get stripped" floyd says no and they say "ok'? do you depsise floyd so much that you rationally believe something like this happened?

No one is maing excuses. Canelo is calling floyd out for the money. Fine. If floyd choses to fight him in september or may it isn't a big deal.

Whether floyd keeps the title or not those posters asking why Canelo doesn't call out someone up the scale rather than down it is a separate and legitimate question.

Floyd can use his negotitaiting power anyway he sees fit. If you don't ***** about it when other stars do this stop *****ing about it here.
                    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 05-13-2013, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• the easiest solution to this issue would just be a same day weigh in.

Comment

Working...
                      X