No announcement yet.

New study says boxing still America's favourite combat sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New study says boxing still America's favourite combat sport

This study focuses on over all avid fan base not total fan base. But the avid fan base of 16 million gives a good estimate. Boxing's over all fan base has been measured at 50 million while the UFC's is at 30 million so that tells us how much the cut of the pie is worth.

edit: for sources and discussion on the total fan base of 50 million and 30 million go here
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=573816

Scarborough sport's research study:

Last edited by croz; 05-10-2013, 08:23 PM.

When early news of the report saying boxing had 50 million fans in the US came out, idiots on here tried to claim they were mostly immigrants. Well there you have it, the vast majority of boxing fans are white Americans.

Comment

graduated college. attended school, attended zoo at age 14-16 etc

How in the hell you came up with these numbers?

Also compare ppv buys. I'm sure more people buy boxing ppvs, rather ufc. And some1 created a thread that more people watch ufc. well I imagine some old guy after work drinking his Budweiser, switching between channels and sees a ufc fight, of course he will watch it. does he knows the rules and what they are doing, probably not) so i'd compare ppv buys

Comment

Good thing boxing is the favorite combat sport. I mean that other ONE worried me

Comment

I wonder where you found this croz.

Comment

I don't keep up with anything MMA, but isn't it heavily declining? That's what I read on a few different websites.

Boxing was always here to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
              I wonder where you found this croz.
              Off twitter. Scarborough research.

I posted about it ages ago but didn't have the full study at the time.
              http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=596512

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                I don't keep up with anything MMA, but isn't it heavily declining? That's what I read on a few different websites.

Boxing was always here to stay.
                Yeah, they were pulling 4 million viewers on ****e before. Now they struggle to reach that on FOX.

Elite XC ran some crappy low budget shows on NBC a few years ago and they pulled ratings similar to what the UFC is getting now. The major MMA org should be getting much more than what they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogecca MaMa View Post
                  graduated college. attended school, attended zoo at age 14-16 etc

How in the hell you came up with these numbers?

Also compare ppv buys. I'm sure more people buy boxing ppvs, rather ufc. And some1 created a thread that more people watch ufc. well I imagine some old guy after work drinking his Budweiser, switching between channels and sees a ufc fight, of course he will watch it. does he knows the rules and what they are doing, probably not) so i'd compare ppv buys
                  Are you implying I ran a study and made charts?

Comment

MMA/UFC always struck me as a fad. IDK, maybe it will always be around as a niche sport with a cult following, but the talk that it was going to replace boxing was absurd.

Comment

Working...
                    X