No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peter Quillin Eyes Daniel Geale Unification Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Peter Quillin Eyes Daniel Geale Unification Showdown

NEW YORK - Undefeated World Boxing Organization (WBO) middleweight champion Peter "Kid Chocolate" Quillin (29-0, 21 KOs) has officially arrived on the International boxing scene, after destroying challenger Fernando Guerrero (25-2, 19 KOs) en route to victory by seventh-round technical knockout in his first title defense, April 27 on Showtime Championship Boxing from Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Now, the 29-year-old Quillin is one of the hottest boxers in the world, ready to unify the 160-pound division, assuming he can overcome some potential boxing politics in order to make a deal against one of the other major world middleweight title holders.

"I want to fight one of the other champions," Quillin said. "Sergio Martinez would be my first choice, but he's injured and out for the rest of the year. (Daniel) Geale is the IBF champion and that, right now, looks like the easiest unification fight to make." [Click Here To Read More]

Kid choclate vs 3G we could only dream. But the mw division belongs to these two fighters. Could see this fight packing the Barclays. Ggg is a straight monster and choclate has some serious skills and is a very like able fighter. More fighters need to promote themselves to secure some of these fights

Comment

I think Geale would beat him. Geale is legit.

Comment

Fight any of the champions but u don't want it GGG??? Fck off Quillin.

Comment

I hate that politics are robbing kid chocolate of building his résumé.... He's on the verge of being a pound for pound guy but he may not get the chance to prove himself because Chavez, Martinez, and GGG are basically off limits. I'd like to see him vs. geale other than that who else will or can fight him? If Mack beats GGG I'm sure he will face him.... GBP may want to consider a super fight in 2014 between canelo and Pete quillian.

Comment

If can Peter can capture Geale's belt or Geale gets Peter's belt, that would make Golovkin-Winner a bigger fight.

Don't know if either guy, Quillin or Geale is willing to travel to fight each other.
            Last edited by Evil Abed; 05-09-2013, 03:12 PM.

Comment

There you , good fight here

Comment

Ppl are actually complaining about this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by ETG View Post
                  I hate that politics are robbing kid chocolate of building his résumé.... He's on the verge of being a pound for pound guy but he may not get the chance to prove himself because Chavez, Martinez, and GGG are basically off limits. I'd like to see him vs. geale other than that who else will or can fight him? If Mack beats GGG I'm sure he will face him.... GBP may want to consider a super fight in 2014 between canelo and Pete quillian.
                  Whoa whoa whoa... Pound for pound? He beat Hassam N' D ikam, and Fernando Guerrero. Lets slow down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ETG View Post
                    The biggest name on his resume is a 40 year old, 2 year layoff Winky Wright. Quillian took the path of least resistance to the belt and hasn't really fought anyone of high quality. Not a fan.

Comment

Working...
                    X