No announcement yet.

Unbeaten fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbeaten fighters

I just figured out something quite significant about unbeaten fighters.

To be unbeaten in 40+ fights is pretty impressive.
    If you say that every fighter you face has only 5% chance of beating you your chances of being unbeaten after 40 fights is just around 13%. So very likely you'll be beaten, even if the guys you fought have only 5% chance to beat you.

I know this is not something very useful but it gives the overall picture that's quite hard to remain unbeaten.

P.S. I don't have any agenda with this thread (I am not fan of any unbeaten fighter except GGG)

I feel as if you should trash this math. This is boxing, anything can happen. Or maybe you're just that good? Idk.

Does anyone know how good Chris John's opponents have been?

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      I feel as if you should trash this math. This is boxing, anything can happen. Or maybe you're just that good? Idk.

Does anyone know how good Chris John's opponents have been?
      Sure, everything can happen, that's why I put it in form of probabilities. It doesn't matter if it's boxing match or card game. The laws are the same.

There is no way to tell exactly what are the chances, but one can get some indication. that's why there is no many unbeaten fighters out there with 40+ fights.

Comment

The 5% being the lucky KO shot right? I feel like it's just too hard to name percentage on all fighters. Give or take the fighters qualities.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          The 5% being the lucky KO shot right? I feel like it's just too hard to name percentage on all fighters. Give or take the fighters qualities.
          Might be lucky punch, unlucky injury or any possible scenario.

You can't name the percentage I agree.

The point is that staying unbeaten, even if you are much better than all of your opponents, is quite hard.

Comment

You didn't figure anything out because you've assigned made-up values and calculated it. Absolutely ridiculous that you think such simple mathematics means anything.

Comment

this is another way for floyd fans to say its okay to cherrypick

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                You didn't figure anything out because you've assigned made-up values and calculated it. Absolutely ridiculous that you think such simple mathematics means anything.

What's your point?

You missed my point that's for sure. I have no idea what's the exact percentage of fighters coming into the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post
                  this is another way for floyd fans to say its okay to cherrypick
                  I am not floyd fan at all. I don't even like floyd... I prefer pacman...

God is it so difficult to make a neutral thread and to not be accused of having some agenda...

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                    What's your point?

You missed my point that's for sure. I have no idea what's the exact percentage of fighters coming into the fight.
                    I know what your point is and I disagree.

I also disagree with the mathematics you used to prove your point.

I can think of many fighters with great records who had an 80% chance of being undefeated after fighting said fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X