No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: Canelo Not Ready For Floyd, But in Win-Win Spot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    So? At the end of the day Marquez put in a lot of work and has now accomplished a lot. Canelo hasn't.
    So he sounds like hater. That's what I'm trying to say. Ofcourse he's done more, he's almost 40 and Canelo is 22. And I'm not even comparing them like that other jackass thinks. What I'm saying he sounds like a hater whenever he talks about him. Just cuz you have had a great career doesn't mean u can hate on another fighter.
    Last edited by Bigg Rigg; 05-07-2013, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cdub2 View Post
      Canelo's fan base don't even think he can beat Mayweather. All they care about is to have one of their top fighters sharing on the same stage with Mayweather, but newsflash, you won't gain any international attention if you don't beat Mayweather; he would be just another Mayweather victim.
      Tell me who's fan base does think their guy can beat Floyd???? No ones, we just wanna see the fight. Wtf is so hard to understand about that???? Smh

Comment

Originally posted by StillAlive2k View Post
        LoL he tried not to sound bitter!!! canelo is 100x more exciting then piss pants
        check my sig below that victory alone is more exciting than any fight canelo has had!

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
        He just comes off as a hater. Maybe not here but in other interviews he sounds bitter or something when he talks about the Ginger Bread Boy.
        Marquez is just being honest about canelo. thats not being a hater. when did being honest mean you are hating on a guy

Comment

Originally posted by 1oc View Post
          Canelo should be in no rush to fight Floyd as Floyd still has 5 more fights left in him. Canelo should go after Martinez, Cotto, Marquez and get all the experience he needs to be ready for Mayweather. As of now, Canelo isnt ready but he should be in about a year or two
          Solid first post.

Comment

Originally posted by 2120 View Post
            check my sig below that victory alone is more exciting than any fight canelo has had!

Marquez is just being honest about canelo. thats not being a hater. when did being honest mean you are hating on a guy
            Na it doesn't but he's jelly bro. Every interview I've seen him talk about him in, he sounds the same. He kinda tries to put him down IMO.

Comment

Canelo could've done better against Trout. Not hating at all, I think he won, but it was very close. He's shown some improvement on his defense, but personally I think if the Canelo that fought Trout, fights Mayweather, he loses by decision. I agree with 1oc and that's what I was thinking as well. Gain more experience in a few more fights, learn, improve more, and then get a crack at him. If he still loses, then that's just more experience as Marquez said. It will be valuable in his young career.

Originally posted by KingKoni21
              hahah wow you flips really are stupid. i never mentioned anything about liking mayweather and you already jump to conclusions hahahaah stay in school flippy, last thing we need is another little simple minded creature on this planet. anyways back to boxing, i actually hate floyd also. i think he picks his opponents when they are on the downhill also. i would be a fan of pacman but its people like you, his POS fans aka the *******s that ruin it. so in the end i love seeing the flips get OWNED and seeing the fans upset calling marquez a piss boy since he ended pacs career HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH OH PAC, where is pac now? oh man where is our savior im a pac-tard HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH
              Wow. Calm your racist, hating-ass down. Your ignorant statements on "Flips" just devalue your posts when you talk nonsense like that. It's all over the place. Your sig even makes me suspect you might be 12 yrs old

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
                Na it doesn't but he's jelly bro. Every interview I've seen him talk about him in, he sounds the same. He kinda tries to put him down IMO.
                ive seen his interviews as well. hes just being honest about canelo's abilities based on what he has done in the ring not based on the hype and superstar status canelo has reached early in his career

Marquez is just keeping it 100

as a floyd hater i would love for canelo to prove Marquez wrong but...

i think Marquez knows what he is talking about

Comment

how is he hating? He has an honest opinion that many people share, just because he doesn't think Canelo is READY he's a hater? Sorry but Canelo is 22, has no experience, and Floyd is the best P4P fighter of our generation and is arguably at his peak. Canelo could have lost to Trout if u scored that fight on activity, and the ****ing kid tired after 6 rounds...JMM can't be honest about that? Seriously stfu u sensitive little girls

Comment

Marquez should talk less about canelo and more about the loss he will endure to bradley. media is trying to get these 2 to bump heads it seems. marquez should just stop answering canelo questions unless he's planning on leaving top rank and moving up to 154

Comment

To touch on the Canelo subject:

For 1, people just want Floyd to fight Canelo because his enormous fan-base has brainwashed the masses in to thinking he's CURRENTLY ready to take on that challenge. Like Floyd said, the masses will continue to create new people for Floyd to "prove" himself against. As if he hasn't already.

For 2, Marquez is NOT hating on the dude. Some people can't handle the truth, but he's not hating on him. He's keeping it 100 which is what he should do when presented with a question like this.

Realistically, like somebody in here said, nobody actually BELIEVES Canelo would beat Floyd. They just think he has the best shot.

The bad part is, in my opinion, that Canelo is actually in a lose-lose-win situation. If he fights Floyd now, he'll most likely lose (lose). If he waits to fight Floyd for another couple years, he'll probably have too hard of a time even making 154 (re-hydrates to 170+ for fight night), thus he'll lose out on the fight entirely (lose). If he fights Floyd now, he could theoretically win the fight (win).

On the Pacquiao/Rios situation:

Hasn't Rios only had 2 fights at 140 before? Obviously, none at 147. The 2 in @ 140 were against Alvarado, who's never even been mentioned as a possible opponent against Mayweather OR Pacquiao, unlike any of the other LWW fights we constantly hear about each of them possibly fighting. Rios is a Mexican Ricky Hatton, tailor made for Pacquiao's style of boxing. I'd argue Rios doesn't have the same punching power, nor the defense (as limited as it was) Hatton when he fought May & Pac. It'll be exciting for the simple fact SOMEBODY is gonna get knocked down, maybe knocked OUT. Other than that, Pacquiao's promoter Bobby Arum is just trying to gain some more excitement for Pacquiao's name for future fights. He needs a nice KO victory to regain some of that momentum he had a couple years ago.

May 2015 I'm really hoping is the time we finally get Pac/May fighting each other. Pacquiao will be a free agent by then, his TR contract expiring Dec. 2014. Can't wait to see what happens!

Comment

Working...
                      X