No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: If I Beat Canelo, They Will Create More Foes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    That fight won't happen this year. More likely to happen in 2014 probably. I think Canelo wants it, but I think Golden Boy wants everyone to think they're confident in his chances to beat Floyd, before they actually make that fight.
    Some don't think rationally around here man. If one chooses to see things solely from a fan's perspective they'll end up in a world of butthurt, some of these posts on here

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
      Honestly man, if anyone said Mayweather's performance against Guerrero didn't shock them, in the sense of how well he moved they'd be lying. I've talked to a lot of Mayweather fans who didn't think Mayweather could still move like that, even the Youtube heads I'm subscribed to were surprised. It would hurt Canelo in the sense that he could quite possibly get dominated, and I've been vocal about liking Canelo's chances in the past, not so much anymore.
      I understand your points. Even if Canelo looked like Ghost IMO it wouldn' hurt his marketability. I think it a smart risk. Lose and your ok. Win and you become the man. Plus you get the rematch and even if you lose you likely get a 3rd megafight.

Comment

How can we be sure that Canelos outfit are ready for a Mayweather fight? And im talking about the top dog Shaefer, who really runs Golden Boy. Sure Canelos been running his mouth and all that but not every fighters Mayweather. Canelo fights who Shaefer says he fights.

Comment

Originally posted by theboxingguru View Post
          Is Canelo really worthy? Yes he's popular, but there are others who have better resumes than him. If he really wants it, drop to 147
          Dont underestimate what Canelo did in San antonio. He got fans to pay good money-tickets/parking/food etc. for a fight they could see on TV for free. Even those in the $10 cheap seats still paid.

He will ALWAYS make money-barring some wierd criminal case.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Well of course. I was saying about the ducking Pacquiao thing. At least say they BOTH f**ked that fight up. March 2010 is when it would have been at it's pinnacle if popularity and it wasn't the guy that everyone loves to hate that f**ked it up that time.
            The Mayweather-Pacquiao stuff is old. I don't think he should speak his name when it comes to losing because it wasn't him who beat him. If Mayweather loses you won't hear Pacquiao going on about how Floyd lost.

My issue is with the idea that fans shouldn't come up with new opponents. What does Floyd want, the right to cherrypick his own opponents without criticism? Boxing doesn't work like that.

People want competitive fights, so they're going to choose opponents with the best chance of delivering competition. That's why boxing has been so good in the last couple of months and will be again after this fight with the likes of Matthysse-Peterson and Froch-Kessler etc.

Comment

i think floyd is playing at the idea that instead of giving him credit for taking on someone like guerrero there is talk that he is duckinf

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                I understand your points. Even if Canelo looked like Ghost IMO it wouldn' hurt his marketability. I think it a smart risk. Lose and your ok. Win and you become the man. Plus you get the rematch and even if you lose you likely get a 3rd megafight.
                I think they'll wait until they're certain about Canelo giving a good account of himself, now that's a win win situation. With Sr. in his corner, and Sr. is more about eliminating all of Mayweather's opponents opportunities, that's the emphasis now, Canelo best be fearful. Some forget that Mayweather's performance against Marquez was all Mayweather Sr., I'm expecting to see Mayweather box more, clinch, whether he can beat them in the pocket or not (And we know he could).
                Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 05-06-2013, 09:19 AM.

Comment

People keep saying Floyd waited for fighters like Cotto, Mosley, or De La Hoya to get old before he fought them but its not like he was getting younger. It's not his fault that he keeps himself in good condition and doesn't absorb a lot of punishment in fights which makes him able to still look like he has not lost a beat. Fans always say they want to see toe to toe battles, well that's what happens to fighters who fight like that they get older much quicker. Bradley said himself yeah my last fight was entertaining to the fans but are the fans going to take care of me when I can't talk or end up like Freddie Roach?

Comment

See how it is with Floyd???? He hates it when people wanna see him fight a particular fighter. Margarito back then, Cotto in '07, PAC and now it's Canelo. Yeah, he fought Cotto on '12 and it ended up being the hardest fight of his life. So forget Ginger, who does he wants to rake in $32 million fighting???? Khan???? Alexander???? Smh

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      The Mayweather-Pacquiao stuff is old. I don't think he should speak his name when it comes to losing because it wasn't him who beat him. If Mayweather loses you won't hear Pacquiao going on about how Floyd lost.

My issue is with the idea that fans shouldn't come up with new opponents. What does Floyd want, the right to cherrypick his own opponents without criticism? Boxing doesn't work like that.

People want competitive fights, so they're going to choose opponents with the best chance of delivering competition. That's why boxing has been so good in the last couple of months and will be again after this fight with the likes of Matthysse-Peterson and Froch-Kessler etc.
                      Well honestly....Robert Guerrero was probably the best and most realistic opponent for May 4th. Canelo hadn't done ANYTHING yet when that as possible May 4th fight was being talked about, Pacquiao just got laid out and Top Rank-Golden Boy are DONE, and Marquez already got dominated and Marquez himself said Floyd wasn't in his future plans.

Plus you always say Floyd should fight guys in his own weight class at 147, and Guerrero was the #3 guy after he and Marquez.

What do you think about a possible Floyd-Lucas/Pete winner fight??? I know that winner is supposed to fight Garcia, but Floyd could throw a wrench in that fight, you never know.

Comment

Working...
                      X