No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: If I Beat Canelo, They Will Create More Foes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PiXelElite View Post
    I believe if he fought any of those guys... he probably would have a couple of losses.
    Stop it! He would have smashed margo, with the loaded gloves! Do yall realize that every fighter that fights mayweather looks the same! By the 4th rnd, they looked confused and out of there class! Did yall not watch the fight? His defense is second to none in the history of the sport, but unlike other defensive fighters, he also has a strong offense to go with that defense that also creates offense! Of u know boxing u know what I'm talking about! I just don't see any of those guys beating floyd, not even a middle weight Canelo! And I feel like we got robbed from seeing Floyd do to pac what Marquez did to him! Cause he hit pack with floyd's money punch! THE RIGHT HAND!

Comment

Originally posted by PiXelElite View Post
      I believe if he fought any of those guys in their prime... he probably would have a couple of losses.
      Well Manny's last prime year was 2009, so even if it happened in 2010, I wouldn't have considered that a prime Floyd or Manny.

Shane had his chances to fight Floyd in 2005-2006, still not quite a prime Mosley, and we all know what happened.

Before all the supposed Floyd ducking Cotto talk.....Cotto ducked Floyd in 2005-2006, well at least Top Rank blocked that fight, facts.

Margarito is legit, Floyd could have fought Margarito. But in the grand scheme of things......that really doesn't mean much.

Comment

Of course there is always somene else, time dont stand still in boxing.
        Pac fights 2 times every year, year after year and theres always someone else to challenge Pac.

So why shouldnt there be someone else to challnge you if you fight once every 18months or even year. A lotcan happen in the space of a year.

Comment

Originally posted by theocdog View Post
          No **** sherlock. That's boxing.
          Yeah, what is his point?

As long as any champion is still boxing fans are going to keep coming with new opponents for them.

Why does he think he doesn't have to fight anyone worth a damn now, that he can just extract money from the sport fighting weak opponents and no one will criticise?

If you don't want to fight the best opponents then retire, no one wants to watch cherry-picked one-sided fights.

And he shouldn't even speak Pacquiao's name, he flat out ducked the guy. If he ducks Canelo and Alvarez loses, is he going to say "there you go, he lost". Ridiculous.

Comment

Damn Straight.. Real Talk there
            when he whoops Canelo they will come out with something else... Mayweather is a Level above anyone else.. he makes them look like dog ****.

Comment

Well ofcourse its no different for any off the top fighters

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Yeah, what is his point?

As long as any champion is still boxing fans are going to keep coming with new opponents for them.

Why does he think he doesn't have to fight anyone worth a damn now, that he can just extract money from the sport fighting weak opponents and no one will criticise?

If you don't want to fight the best opponents then retire, no one wants to watch cherry-picked one-sided fights.

And he shouldn't even speak Pacquiao's name, he flat out ducked the guy. If he ducks Canelo and Alvarez loses, is he going to say "there you go, he lost". Ridiculous.
                At least be real enough to admit that fight went both ways. When everything was on the table to fight in March 2010, it wasn't Floyd who flat out refused to sign the contract and than refused drug testing till fight day for another 2 years after that.

Neither of them wanted it at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                  With Canelo being egotistical, as he's shown in the past, it might actually matter. Again, I think that's irrelevant, GBP DON'T WANT IT, I say that because Mayweather showed he has those legs, Oscar ain't stupid. Put yourself in his position, would you honestly make that fight next? They're trying to build Canelo dude.
                  the floyd fight is just the jump start for Canelo. When he and Chavez get it on they are going to own all of Mexico and every area with a large Mexican population in the US.

Canelo wont be hurt by losing to floyd on the biggest ppv of the year. I agree you want to build Canelo but that easy given that he can fill staples center or Vegas and can always fill a soccer stadium in Mexico he will be fine.

Comment

Yeah its just like the end of that Jet Li movie -One
                    There will never be an end

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      Yeah, what is his point?

He didn't say it about Hatton.

Comment

Working...
                      X