Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Arum Knows, Mares Would Hand Donaire His Ass!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Arum Knows, Mares Would Hand Donaire His Ass!

MGM Grand, Las Vegas - Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer was very impressed with Abner Mares' ninth round TKO victory over Daniel Ponce De Leon on Saturday night. Mares' victory stole the show on the Mayweather-Guerrero Showtime Pay-Per-View undercard. With the win Mares (26-0, 14KOs) captured the WBC featherweight title - his third divisional belt.

A few months ago, Schaefer was trying to make a fight between Mares and then WBO champion Nonito Donaire. He offered a $3 million dollar package to Donaire's promoter, Top Rank. The two promotional rivals were unable to reach an agreement and Donaire (31-2, 20KOs) would instead enter a unification with WBA champion Guillermo Rigondeaux. The Cuban boxer won a twelve round unanimous decision.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sure Richard.

Donaire may have lost to Rigondeaux, but Rigondeaux would box circles around Mares too. Styles make fights and Mares is a far better style for Donaire to deal with.

Comment

Donaire kos mares the ball puncher

Comment

Schaefer is ducking rigo

Comment

After the performance Mares put on last night, I wouldn't be surprised but at the same time Donaire is a different fighter than Ponce and styles make fights. Mares is good but i don't see Mares beating Rigo at 122 either an ultimately Donaire is a better fighter than he showed that night

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            Sure Richard.

Donaire may have lost to Rigondeaux, but Rigondeaux would box circles around Mares too. Styles make fights and Mares is a far better style for Donaire to deal with.
            Yup I wouldn't count Mares out but Donaire is a lot faster and taller than Ponce and who knows, he may be a lot stronger at 126 too

Comment

Not so sure about that Rich

Comment

Arum should just let Rigondeaux fight Mares. He already has trouble finding fights for the guy and Mares says he wants to fight the best. The thing with Schaefer is that he doesn't know crap about boxing despite being a promoter. Styles make fights and Donaire is a counterpuncher. Rigondeaux took Donaire out of his comfort zone by making him the aggressor. As good as Mares was last night, he got hit.....A LOT. Anyone who watches boxing knows that Donaire looks great against aggressive fighters and Mares is an aggressive fighter.

Comment

Pretty sure rigo would Hand mares his ass. Make the fight rich. Schaffer looks like a child molester

Comment

Absolutely not. Donaire and Rigo would both dominate Mares in my opinion. Rigo would easily outbox him. And Donaire is just faster and probably hits harder. Mares didn't impress me last night. Yes, he looked good, but Ponce de Leon is no world class fighter like Donaire and Rigo. He is a one dimensional come forward slugger and he can definitely be shaken up and knocked out, a fast counter puncher would have a field day on him.

Comment

Working...
                    X