World Boxing Council officials are denying a report from earlier this week that the sanctioning body would move to make middleweight champion Sergio Martinez a “champion in recess” if he were to need more than six months to recover from injuries suffered in his win April 27 over Martin Murray.
That report came from Mexico-based boxing writer Erika Montoya, who tweeted the news following a media conference with WBC President Jose Sulaiman on Tuesday.
But in the days after, both Jose Sulaiman and the WBC’s executive director, Mauricio Sulaiman, told BoxingScene.com that this is not the case. [Click Here To Read More]
That report came from Mexico-based boxing writer Erika Montoya, who tweeted the news following a media conference with WBC President Jose Sulaiman on Tuesday.
But in the days after, both Jose Sulaiman and the WBC’s executive director, Mauricio Sulaiman, told BoxingScene.com that this is not the case. [Click Here To Read More]
Comment