Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peterson vs Guerrero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peterson is a good fighter but Matthysse is a better one so I voted Matthysse wins by KO. Do you know the thread says Guerrero vs. Peterson? I like Peterson to beat Guerrero.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Peterson is a good fighter but Matthysse is a better one so I voted Matthysse wins by KO. Do you know the thread says Guerrero vs. Peterson? I like Peterson to beat Guerrero.
      Ye i messed up the poll options,its meant too be Peterson vs Guerrero i'm not sure how too edit it

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack
        Lol at the poll options.

Are people rating Peterson a little too highly at the moment? He arguably lost to Khan, even with the points deductions, and he never had Khan in real trouble the way Maidana, Garcia, or Diaz did. Maidana and Diaz are the other two guys who went 12 round with Khan in recent years and they both had him running for his life at some point.

Even if you do think Peterson beat Khan (which is fair enough), he did so because of how terrible Khan is on the inside, i.e. not having any inside game at all. I give Peterson full credit for walking through shots to get in there but there are very few other fighters who'd be so easy to bully on the inside in the welterweight neighbourhood.

I don't want to be too critical of Peterson, I was a fan of his until the TRT thing, but I think he's a bit reliant on the fragility of the other guy in the ring and his own ability to tough it out.
        The PEDerson hype blew up after he stopped almighty Holt. Forgetting he was getting schooled by the washed up and battle worn fighter.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

It alright Demon, none of us can stop thinking of the almighty Matthysse either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            Lol at the poll options.

Are people rating Peterson a little too highly at the moment? He arguably lost to Khan, even with the points deductions, and he never had Khan in real trouble the way Maidana, Garcia, or Diaz did. Maidana and Diaz are the other two guys who went 12 round with Khan in recent years and they both had him running for his life at some point.

Even if you do think Peterson beat Khan (which is fair enough), he did so because of how terrible Khan is on the inside, i.e. not having any inside game at all. I give Peterson full credit for walking through shots to get in there but there are very few other fighters who'd be so easy to bully on the inside in the welterweight neighbourhood.

I don't want to be too critical of Peterson, I was a fan of his until the TRT thing, but I think he's a bit reliant on the fragility of the other guy in the ring and his own ability to tough it out.
            I agree with 95% of what you said about Peterson based on his fight against Bradley. You said he's able to win based on him relying on his toughness but I think against highly skilled fighters with quick feet and hands he will always have trouble but someone like Guererro who likes to stand in the pocket may be the kind of fighter that Peterson is able to look impressive against

I think Guerrero wins at Welterweight but at Junior Welter Peterson pulls it out. Robert G looks like a huge welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              It alright Demon, none of us can stop thinking of the almighty Matthysse either.

True that homie

Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
              I agree with 95% of what you said about Peterson based on his fight against Bradley. You said he's able to win based on him relying on his toughness but I think against highly skilled fighters with quick feet and hands he will always have trouble but someone like Guererro who likes to stand in the pocket may be the kind of fighter that Peterson is able to look impressive against

I think Guerrero wins at Welterweight but at Junior Welter Peterson pulls it out. Robert G looks like a huge welterweight.
              He really does,incredible too think he started as a featherweight

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post

He really does,incredible too think he started as a featherweight
                By NSB logic, he's using some kind of PED

Comment

Matthysse by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    By NSB logic, he's using some kind of PED
                    He must be,because dedication and hard-work doesn't exist on NSB

Comment

Guerrero beats Peterson. He wins the war on the inside and will not be bullied around in there. He has enough technical skill to match Peterson there as well. Close but clear win for Ghost.

Comment

Working...
                      X